Q for the WVO-burning folks

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a fuel filter that's heated by engine coolant. Would my best bet be to simply place this in-line with the coolant hose to the heater box? Hot coolant flows through those hoses whether the heater is activated or not, correct?

Thanks!

Chris (89 7.3)

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the way mine is hooked up. The needed "t" is even available in the auto store on those little red "help" brand cards.

Doug

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Does yours work well? I suppose as soon as you see heat registering on the water temp gauge you can assume the fuel is being warmed, eh? Do you have a tank heater? Or boost pump?

Thanks again!

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're pricey... but watch eBay. There was a similar Davco (with a spin-on filter, not the see-through type) that had a $75 opening bid and a $85 Buy It Now. Small price to pay for peace of mind that your WVO won't foul your pump, injectors, etc...

Check out this link:http://biodiesel.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/159605551/m/563103245/p/1

Seems this guy could have avoided this mess if he'd used heat in his WVO system and/or alternative blending. After reading that, I think I'll go WVO/kero or WVO/RUG rather than WVO/diesel.

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, I picked my 382 up on eBay for $85 (plus shipping). Not too bad... certainly beats the new prices!

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine works well, I give it a hile after seeing heat on the gauge. I use a differant type of system, I just wrapped the filter with a few coils making a heater jacket. I did it on the cheap and am happy so far.

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea, dsblack! I wanted to add a second filter anyway to catch the big junk before it could get to the factory filter, so I just went with the Davco.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 2 seperate fuel systems until right before the IP. This way the OEM side never sees WVO and if I have a problem on either side, I can get home on the other side.

Jst an idea..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online