pyrometer

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Its been a while, where can I get one for cheap?
I like the isspro but if they are the same quality I don't mind others.

Thank You.

Btw this is for an IDI.:D

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get a Pyrometer (Gage) and a Thermocouple (Sensor/Probe) separate that they are matched. The Pyrometer is calibrated to the length of the wire. The wire must NOT be cut to length for installation. If it's a K type wire, the Yellow is the positive wire. Some Pyrometers have a lable on them designating the length and wire style.

Diesel Max

93 F-250 4X4 - 7.3
Reaction score
Its been a while, where can I get one for cheap?
I like the isspro but if they are the same quality I don't mind others.

Thank You.

Btw this is for an IDI.:D

Ive been really happy with the BullyDog Pyrometer I have been using...........;Sweet

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
VDO, and x2 on the wire length and everything mattering. instructions specifically said not to modify.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Isspro in my Dodge, my dad's truck has an Autometer. I like my Isspro better, the autometer only works with the key on. I prefer things to be simpler, and a gauge that requires no power fits that bill for me.
Travis..

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a Pyrometer (Gage) and a Thermocouple (Sensor/Probe) separate that they are matched. The Pyrometer is calibrated to the length of the wire. The wire must NOT be cut to length for installation. If it's a K type wire, the Yellow is the positive wire. Some Pyrometers have a lable on them designating the length and wire style.

You mean all that extra wire I cut out from under my dash was supposed to stay there??:eek: I'm not kidding, I thought someone got lazy and just waded it up into a big mess. My pyro is accurate still but it is slower to react to changes in temp.
Learn something new every day.

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
I got my Pyro gauge & sending unit off a hyway tractor , from a junkyard, 25 bucks. They are a dime a dozen in those yards. Works great for the last 5 years.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
You mean all that extra wire I cut out from under my dash was supposed to stay there??:eek: I'm not kidding, I thought someone got lazy and just waded it up into a big mess. My pyro is accurate still but it is slower to react to changes in temp.
Learn something new every day.

Yes all that wire was supposed to stay, the thermocouple on a pyro generated a very minute current and changing the length of wire changes the resistance of the wire therefor changing the amount of current getting to the gauge, which in turn affects you're reading.

On a side note my glow shift pyro works good to, just reads slightly hotter than what the actual temperature is. And the only way that you're going to get a perfectly accurate reading is to spend a massive amount of money on an FAA approved gauge and thermocouple (probe).

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Thank You guys, I'm looking for a mechanical gauge so I don't need anything but to drill the manifold tap it and drive the thermocouple in it to get a reading. Seems $120+ is the going rate in most places. I'd like to try the one from a tractor or a truck but I don't know any Jyards around here. I'll wait an see if a good deal pops on ebay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online