Purchasing a 1995 F350 CC DRW Powerstroke questions

Drake Smith

Reaction score
So I'm supposed to make the two hour trip to Baker City this weekend to pickup a 95 F350 Crewcab Dually Powerstroke. Truck is a 5 speed and has 270,000 miles. The inside is clean and in very good shape, the outside of the truck is fair. I have not seen the truck in person but my friend who lives in Baker City has and shes the one who found it for me. She was able to look under the hood with her dad who is a former diesel technician and he noticed a severe oil leak from the valve cover but no other visible leaks. The guy who owns the truck says it has two newer batteries and runs and drives great the only thing it needs is new glowplugs which he is currently putting in it right now. He used it to pull a gooseneck trailer from Baker City to Salt Lake and back several times. The turbo silencer has been removed and the exhaust has been upgraded but otherwise the truck is stock. So what I'm mainly worried about is the price hes asking for the truck. He has it for sale for $3000 which I guess is reasonable considering the age, mileage, condition, and it being 2wd. But it also seems kinda weird to me. In Idaho, even the 2wd powerstrokes usually go for around $5,000-8,000 especially if they are a crewcab or dually. Should I be worried about this one? Anything I should be worried about? Pretty sure the truck will make the 2 hour trip back to Nampa, but I wanna be 100% sure. Any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any vehicle, especially one that’s 24 years old is a gamble. At least you won’t have that much into it...at least from the start.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828