pump timing

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey yal,

was wondering if anyone ever messed with the timing on the injection pump to get more power, my buddy had his 95 2nd gen done at the cummins shop and said it was a night and day differance, thought maybe i could save some money and do it myself any help would be appriecated. Thanks

Exekiel69

Reaction score
You can just loosen the bolts that hold the pump (4?) and turn it toward the head that will advance it enough or You can also jump a tooth for more extreme results.

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much would you turn it toward the head? and which way would you jump a tooth if i did that instead

90oldcool

Reaction score
1/8 inch or so.You should see a good power gain.Your boost numbers will drop slightly,and yor egt sould drop also but the hp will go up;Sweet

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alright thanks guys ill giver a try this weekend and see what happens il let ya know if something goes wrong. lol hopfully not

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
In addition to this, you can also increase the fuel delivery rate by adjusting the fuel screw. This is another easy way to get more hp but this will increase the EGTs and possibly engine idle depending on how far you crank the screw. This is another "free" power increase possible with the VE pumps.

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well dint get any time this weekend hopfully next weekend just wondering if anyone knows the estimated hp advanceing the timing will get me

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well got it done finally dint notice much of a differance also added a bully dog fuel pin and didnt notice much of differance either, but i have another question before i did all that she is cuttin out on top when im going into a hard pull or going up hill sounds like its starving for fuel any ideas? maybe thats why i didn't notice much hp increase?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7