Pulling the Motor

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My SK wrenches are supposed to be set 5 under the minumim torque rating, wether it be inch pounds or foot pounds before being put away.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Scott, I'm here at Stoner Wade showing these pictures to Bob. He wants to know if there was any chance the truck downshifted into 3rd when you went to pass whoever. Trans failure mode is to drop back to 3rd.

I think it did down shift as I passed the truck, but it usually does when I step down on it. He things something is wrong with the tranny? That was just rebuilt a few months back!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The concern was if there was a trans malfunction that could have oversped the engine. We studied the pieces and parts and are still not comfortable with explaining the sudden death. Bob was wondering how the camshaft looks. He was thinking maybe a roller follower is in that pile of rubish.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I don't really recall hearing anything out of the ordinary until it let go. Didn't sound as though it over reved. I was going to run the heads to your house today if that's ok.

Bean

Reaction score
Its just a case of a weak PMR motor, I have seen them go before and there will be more in the future. You see people say they are safe to 400hp and soem guys running 450hp on them but what one set can do and another is a different story. They are very inconsistent in thier strength and one may do 400hp and another let loose at 300hp. Heads will be fine the bent pr's are from the piston being stuck at the top of the stroke and the valve trying to open.

I will let ya know when its done Scott..

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heads recieved and delivered. As per your PM, I'll pass along those specs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online