PSD low oil press shut down system......

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
...works :eek: -cuss :frustrate :frustrate

The truck has been running a few days now--not on the road yet, still have the interior to put back in--but starting up dinky-dow and bringing it up to temp at high idle--1500 turns---till the stat opens to get the batts charged up.

Well, today "WAS" a good day....got the wiring all soldered up and heat shrunk for the guage lights, new brake controller, hard wired direct to batt 1k power inverter etc... and after I moved the truck outside to run her up and work on the seats--lumbar bladder--- I heard it stumble and start missing :eek: :***:....well I turned around just in time to see all sorts of smoke and fluid dripping...NO POURING all over the ground, hood, eng.....
Well just as I got to it to look where the oil was comming from, all I could see was a high pressure spray about 2" across spraying directly straight ahead onto the belt and being slung all over...

Naturally the eng stumbled down and I shut off the key....all 16 quarts are on the ground...save for mebee a gal or so that is dripping off everything on the front of the eng back....kinda like I went 4 wheeling in an oil pond -cuss :mad:

Can't see too clearly as it is dark thirty and I pulled the fuse and just spun it over after adding more oil but even with taking the fan belt off, I can't see a vulcan thing....got sprayed with hot oil :eek:

Then---- YES---- I actually broke down and balled like a little baby...It was either that or the 12 lb sledge was gonna get some use.....I swear I can't take much more of this string of ...bad luck or bad ju-ju or karma or whatever has taken control of my life lately :mad: -cuss

I'm not inept by any means and I'm quite attentive to details and also focoused on the task at hand...

I'd take a couple pics but WW has the digital camera...her and the crew took the Polaris's out to Busco bch for some riding and camping over the weekend...she don't know about this....YET!

SO....where in the -cuss can oil of that volume and velocity come from just above the oil pan line ...did not appear to be from the oil cooler....more like from the area where the drivers side ground cable bolts to....... cookoo

To quote Little Richard in the Geico commercial...."Sombody PLEASE help me"

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Dang it -cuss

Maybe something on the HPOP or a HP oil plug up front ??

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO....where in the can oil of that volume and velocity come from just above the oil pan line ...did not appear to be from the oil cooler....more like from the area where the drivers side ground cable bolts to.......

from the description of the area its comeing from,sounds like it could possibly be the seal for the low pressure oil pump behind the bottom pully.but we're only talkin about 20-30 PSI of oil pressure there.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Well....it's either comming back out or I'm selling it as is....$4K......all the new guages w/led's, stereo/amp elec fans....EVERTHING!......... come and get it :puke:

I put 3 gals oil in {what I had left} connected startre button to the fender sol and spun it over......

The -cuss -cuss oil is comming from the area below the coolant passage on the timing cover....that ******* burst right where flange to the oil cooler is!

Split just as purdy as you please :puke: :puke:

At least now the frame won't rust :rolleyes:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn geo, I dont know what to say............

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Wow, sorry to hear it. I am not a PSD person as I have never owned one, so pardon me if this question sounds stupid, but is the actual timing cover what is broken? Can it be welded? I understand it sounds impossible to get to, but hopefully after all is said and done, you will be able to fix it. I know when **** like this happens to me, I am ready to just set it on fire, but usually my cooler temper prevails in a day or two and I get right back after it - kind of a I"LL BLOW YOUR ASS UP first impression followed by I WILL FIX YOU, YOU ******