PSA - Check your return caps before you install them

mooseracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL

I installed a set either at the beginning of this year or last year. I had a slight leak at the back passenger side, figured I just nicked an o-ring, didn't think anything of it. It's been causing it to die in the mornings now, leaking a little more.

So I got sick of it and bought a return line kit at NAPA, went to swap that corner cap out. I look at it, and go -cuss No hole for the fuel to go anywhere in the return system LOL

I wish I would have checked them on install.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So your telling us the leaking cap didn't have a hole drilled in the return port...:eek: And I thought I was the person these funny things happen too... Murphy's back making trouble again...:D

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up, on a side not i have started to wonder if machined aluminum caps could be made, that way the orings would be the only wear item.......

Sw1tchfoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up, on a side not i have started to wonder if machined aluminum caps could be made, that way the orings would be the only wear item.......

I saw a picture of a truck with brass return caps..

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
Theres a guy working on brass return caps over on FTE. I don't think he's selling them yet, just made a couple sets to test how they would work.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
LOL

I installed a set either at the beginning of this year or last year. I had a slight leak at the back passenger side, figured I just nicked an o-ring, didn't think anything of it. It's been causing it to die in the mornings now, leaking a little more.

So I got sick of it and bought a return line kit at NAPA, went to swap that corner cap out. I look at it, and go -cuss No hole for the fuel to go anywhere in the return system LOL

I wish I would have checked them on install.

Who was the manufacturer of the kit may I ask?

mooseracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry got busy with other things, not sure on manufacture but they were in the kit from Russ, I think I bought them Fall of 2010 or early 2011.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAd one other not holed. they sent me some extra caps to coverit, and it is fully molded and I told them they need better QC. They said they have less than 10% failure and they are good with that. And they are the best supplier we got.
Guess thats big money marketing for you.