Proud of my IDI

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Proud of my IDIs !

It warmed up to 38 degreres here after several days of 4-10 above nights and a long cold spell (For Oklahoma anyway!) Last time I had my truck out for a drive was when I met Gary (icanfixall)on his way to the rally.After that it has been started 3 times to move it around the yard, the last time I ran it on fast idle for an hour back in Sept.
I checked under the hood -yup it still had an engine! Held the glow plugs for 11 seconds and it started like it had been run yesterday.Got the oil pressure up and left it on fast idle.
Next my LIL Kubota ran in OCT took 2 trys. now its fast idleing to keep its big brother company.Love those IDIs!

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to know they work like they are supposed to eh OMB. You gotta get the 'ol girl out of the driveway a little more often. She loves you too and needs some time with you.:D

Heath

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Woops Correction 4-10 degrees above zero.While I was typing I was thinking of back in New Englad kinda cold. My appology.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
yeah, my old heap starts every time. i cant say i've let it go more than a month or so, but if there's one thing my IDI will do it's start.

last it ran was the week before Christmas, as a parts runner.

emmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm proud of mine too, it starts good but needs new GP's. My IDI is very reliable and great of fuel too.;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hello Bill. Glad your truck reminded you how easy they start when left alone for weeks or months....:sly Today is the first day out of bed really for me since Friday... The wifey was so generous she gave me the flu....-cuss I never get sick but this bug got me good. I can't stand very long nor can I be out of bed much... For me that sucks big time. I really missed this site too. Lots of catching up to do but can't sit here long enough... Wife keeps wakeing me up asking if I need anything... Nope... Just some sleep and please stop asking... I'll have my people call yours... We can do lunch.....-cuss:rotflmao

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Hello Bill. Glad your truck reminded you how easy they start when left alone for weeks or months....:sly Today is the first day out of bed really for me since Friday... The wifey was so generous she gave me the flu....-cuss I never get sick but this bug got me good. I can't stand very long nor can I be out of bed much... For me that sucks big time. I really missed this site too. Lots of catching up to do but can't sit here long enough... Wife keeps wakeing me up asking if I need anything... Nope... Just some sleep and please stop asking... I'll have my people call yours... We can do lunch.....-cuss:rotflmao

GAry You take care of yourself! When your better give me call,we haven't chatted in a dogsage. (I think thats 10 to 16 years):dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The engine in the Night Moose sat in a parts truck for 2 years without being run. Started right up once we put batteries to it. I did change the oil filter first though. ;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Mel.... I really need to ask this question... Are you going to time the nitemoose so we all know what makes it have that supper fuel mileage....:dunno:rotflmao Jus kidden ya.. I am kinda cuirous as to what it is though....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you believe it has never been checked? LOL I'm afraid I would find something wrong, fix it and then get terrible milage. cookoo As an aside, the milage has come down quite a bit this winter, due in part to extended idling, warmup, sucky winter fuel , weight in the bed for traction and what have you. I'm hoping it returns to its former glory in the spring.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is the first day out of bed really for me since Friday... The wifey was so generous she gave me the flu....-cuss I never get sick but this bug got me good. I can't stand very long nor can I be out of bed much... For me that sucks big time. I really missed this site too. Lots of catching up to do but can't sit here long enough... Wife keeps wakeing me up asking if I need anything... Nope... Just some sleep and please stop asking...
that damn flu is something else isn't it?-cuss-cuss-cuss
you sounding as bad as I sound on the phone? I'm starting to pull out out of it. took over a month to make this one go away.:backoff:backoff:backoff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online