Propane injection how to?

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know of a GOOD "how-to" for propane injection? The info seems sparse. and the how-to i did find wasn't very helpful.

on a side note.. is anyone running propane? and if so, how do you like it? seems like an inexpensive power boost.

thanks!

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A board member is running it on his 088 turbo an moose pump to I think. Anyways doing 4.5psi injection an loves it.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hooking it up seems fairly straight forward.. i just need to know where people get the parts from mostly.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
I know a guy that ran a setup that was really pretty cool, he ran a boost reference line to a regulator that he removed the adjustment and drilled and tapped it to npt. the boost pressure gradually filled the bladder in the reg and raised pressure on propane with boost, worked really well honestly.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm suprised more people don't run propane. it seems like less stress on your motor than a turbo, and a whole lot cheaper

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, like i was saying, i really just need a parts list. that article says what stuff is, but not where to get it.

nine9six

Desmo Inside
Reaction score
I have it on my truck, but I've never used it myself. I do remember riding in the truck when my grandfather owned it and he would use it when pulling their huge camper with it in the mountains.

I remember it being night and day when he did use it. There was a very short delay, but other than that, it was pretty awesome.

He bought a kit way back in the day from "Proven Power", though it seems they've closed up shop in 2002.

I still have the manual with all the parts and what not. Can most of this stuff be obtained at a local Home Depot / Lowes?

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it on my truck, but I've never used it myself. I do remember riding in the truck when my grandfather owned it and he would use it when pulling their huge camper with it in the mountains.

I remember it being night and day when he did use it. There was a very short delay, but other than that, it was pretty awesome.

He bought a kit way back in the day from "Proven Power", though it seems they've closed up shop in 2002.

I still have the manual with all the parts and what not. Can most of this stuff be obtained at a local Home Depot / Lowes?
I would be interested in taking a look at that manual.. I would imagine at least some of it could be purchased at home depot

nine9six

Desmo Inside
Reaction score
Okay, when I get home I'll see if I can figure out my girlfriends scanner. I'll post an update later tonight with more information.

-Justin

IHcornbinder

Reaction score
"Propane Injection How To" thread should be named "Propane Injection, How to ruin a perfectly good eninge!" No offense to those that have sucessfully mannaged to not melt down their engine, but anyone that says it wont shorten the life of an engine when used as a power adder just hasnt blown theirs up yet. My 2 cents, no offense

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Propane Injection How To" thread should be named "Propane Injection, How to ruin a perfectly good eninge!" No offense to those that have sucessfully mannaged to not melt down their engine, but anyone that says it wont shorten the life of an engine when used as a power adder just hasnt blown theirs up yet. My 2 cents, no offense

how can it ruin an engine IF done properly?