Project: The New CDD Shop Truck

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost two months without an update, haven’t done a ton to the truck just wish I had more time to mess with it but haven’t lately. I did recently put on a set of new rear tires (fronts were fine...) a/t 285/75/16 fit nicely and come out around a 33” tire, which with the 3.55s makes it a highway machine.
You must be registered for see images attach

Put on one of my intercooler kits, had orders for three so went ahead and made a fourth for this truck. Here’s how it came out

Made a good difference, I opted for the cheapest eBay 33x12.5x3” I could find, and it going to swap it out for a mishimoto I have and make a back to back comparison. Will be interesting to see if it makes a difference at this power level.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lookin good
Thanks man, I forgot to mention that I ended up welding the up pipe and y pipe solid, I kept having issues with them coming apart at higher boost levels. No more exhaust leaks now. I have the wastegate arm temporarily disabled at the moment, I’m going to add an external wastegate on the crossover pipe for more tune ability.

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ok, can we come back to this for a minute? I get that I'm a newbie and all, but what is going on here???!! This is INCREDIBLE. is the truck actually accelerating that quickly, or is that some wiring malfunction in the dash??

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, can we come back to this for a minute? I get that I'm a newbie and all, but what is going on here???!! This is INCREDIBLE. is the truck actually accelerating that quickly, or is that some wiring malfunction in the dash??
Haha well it’s not really accelerating, it’s just spinning the tires from cruising speed

nitroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, that makes so much more sense. Especially in the context of the tire hop comments. I was about to be absolutely blown away, instead I'll leave it at incredibly impressed.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I really miss having the big pump on it, Im hoping things quiet down this next month and I can get a chance to put it on the dyno with the stock fuel stock turbo setup, and try to set a benchmark before putting some more parts on it. Its easily in the 16s with the current setup, and these new tires hook much better, if I can launch it and the clutch holds, I may see a high 15

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been doing some more theory testing with the truck. Added a temp sensor on the outlet of the pump and rigged up a digital gauge temporarily. Normal driving I’m selling 130-140*. I’ve got a small oil cooler with -10 an fittings on the way that I am going to be adding to try and lower those temps. Diesel thins out considerably past 100* and with the thinner fluid the pump in turn displaces less volume. If this lowers the fuel temp considerably, it could be very helpful in extending pump life, and preventing hot start issues.

Going to move the sensor pre pump and see just how much the pump is heating the fuel.

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I really like that you are digging into this kind of stuff and testing it out for all of our knowledge. Keep it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove the truck a couple 100 miles today picking up nozzles from stanadyne.

On the toll road with cc set at 90, I saw up to 176* fuel temp on the outlet of the pump. Never thought it would be that severe, got another cheap gauge ordered and I’m going to install it on the inlet of the pump, that way I can read the delta across the pump and I can see how much it’s heating under what conditions. Then I will install the fuel cooler and continue the testing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online