Project F-100 SuperDuty Continued

Bakersk896

Reaction score
Well everyone I am back from deployment and now its time to get to some serious work on the f-100 and the IDI. First thing up is a BUNCH of body work and sending the block and heads to the machine shop to get checked. Already got a shopping cart over at classic diesel designs so i can push this IDI to the absolute limits of its capability. For anyone that remembers, the IDI is getting a few internal upgrades to include 7.3 PS rod bearings and some custom parts for the intake, exhaust and oil cooler.

Once the block gets back, its time to setup the clean room and start the build. Hopefully the bores come back good and i don't need to order 10 over pistons. I'm am still on the fence about ordering Turbo IDI piston rods so a poll of the group would be appreciated.

Piston ring grinder's arent super expensive but since i like to run my mill when i get the chance, I'll be building a custom one and if it is cost effective, it might become a tool available for the forum members to order.

If anyone has suggestions or questions, feel free to ask.

Bakersk896

Reaction score
So a big step was taken for the F-100 today. Some major parts came in from @Thewespaul and his store including head gaskets and comp cams valve springs. Luckily parts are rolling in from LMC truck to get the body back together and interior done. Finally, all my suspension parts from Sky’s Suspension are being fabricated and shipping.

Has anyone heard an update from R&D about everything being so back ordered?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance