Problems with my new injectors very frustrating

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a response to this, I've devised a way to get my common rail injector test bench to run these. In this way, I can pop test them more extensively then before, unattended. Sadly, I still cant duplicate the vibration, but at a minimum, it will be a more thorough test then before.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a response to this, I've devised a way to get my common rail injector test bench to run these. In this way, I can pop test them more extensively then before, unattended. Sadly, I still cant duplicate the vibration, but at a minimum, it will be a more thorough test then before.

I work out of town for 20 days at a time with today being day 1of my rotation so it will be a little while until i get home to install the injectors Mel sent me to fix my issues. But i will keep this thread up to date as soon as i get back home.
As i posted yesterday Mel and Suzi at CDI helped me with everything i needed (very professional and respectful).

Larson

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also i apologize for the title of this thread i wish i hadn't of put (very frustrating) in it.
I honestly was frustrated for all of about 5min and finally told myself your working on a 25 year old truck nothing has ever been smooth and easy.
So to get the facts straight CDI did not frustrate me i was just looking for instant gratification wich in point never comes from working on an idi.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How a problem is resolved usually says more about the company than anything else. It sounds like Mel is first class.

larson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright i have the injectors installed that needed replaced due to leaking past the bore threads as of this moment it has about 3 hours of run time on them and no leaks and a brand new idle that dosent feel like a gasser with a hipo cam in it.
I have the truck running as we speak just to double check that its good to go.
I will have the truck aligned on friday and after that i will drive the hell out of it and see how she really feels. While the truck was down i replaced all of the steering parts up the the ps pump and its in need of an alignment for sure so i cant put miles on it just yet.