Powerstroke's and WMO?

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
WMO is much thicker than diesel. There is a very fine spectrum which the injectors were designed to work in. In a HUEI injector you have high psi oil that actuates the injector which must be clean. But you also have the fuel side which must be even cleaner and have the correct thickness, ,weight whatever you want to call it to be compressed and push through the injector. If it is too thick , heavy whatever it puts excesive strain on the piston in the injector and so forth. It will start by passing oil thru the injector itself till it fails. When injector seals fail and it fills the fuel with oil you are supposed to drain all the fuel and fill with clean fuel before starting after replacing the injectors. Basically these things were designed with a 0% tolerance for motor oil in the fuel.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
my buddy and me have both been running wvo in our psds but he puts way more miles on his truck then I do so I'll use his truck for an example he has over 300k on it with over 100k on wvo with the original injectors hes even been running it straight with no heat

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well then its not a viscosity issue then because all the wvo we've pumped is thicker then wmo espeacially when its not heated like he's doing

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I may have said it earlier...... filtration is the key.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7