power

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Not having played with the 24V's much other than my buddies, yer gonna need injectors, turbo, exhaust and a programmer. Because the key to more power is air and fuel.... air first, then fuel, because without the air you can't burn the fuel.

Buddy as the Edge Juice with Attitude and it works pretty good on a stock truck, I would say that with bigger injectors and more breathing room his could become a monster. He has a 99.

You should be able to obtain that hp with a single turbo - she'll be laggy because yer gonna have to have a large turbo so that you can flow the air.

What tranny do you have?

Whit

Reaction score
Not having played with the 24V's much other than my buddies, yer gonna need injectors, turbo, exhaust and a programmer. Because the key to more power is air and fuel.... air first, then fuel, because without the air you can't burn the fuel.

Buddy as the Edge Juice with Attitude and it works pretty good on a stock truck, I would say that with bigger injectors and more breathing room his could become a monster. He has a 99.

You should be able to obtain that hp with a single turbo - she'll be laggy because yer gonna have to have a large turbo so that you can flow the air.

What tranny do you have?

perfect dude

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I think he meant it as something he should do along with the other things. Easier to put power through a manual than auto, all you need is the right clutch, dont have to worry about building the tranny.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
1320Cummins would be a good guy to answer this. Do you want it at the flywheel or at the tire? What have you done already, or is the motor stone stock?

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Argve got you in combo wise, and 450hp at the wheels is about 550-600 at the crank.

I'll piggy back on him. If you want it to be responsive, and just straight bolt on with low egt's that you can drive everyday with low to no smoke, put a compound twin turbo system on it that utilizes your HX/HY factory turbo. Add a set of high flow injectors, a Smarty controller, cold air intake (included in the kit), biggest exhaust that will fit, and call Southbend for a clutch and pressure plate. Upgrade the fuel system with a big FASS or AirDog pump (150 gph) so the injection pump doesn't get killed.
At that power level, you're looking at 900 ft/lbs of torque or more. Have fun.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
You just want attention.LOL Smoke is just wasted fuel, but if you want it to roll coal, the Smarty has 10 settings to it from mileage to full race. So you can play around with it to impress your friends.;Really

I don't think you'll have time though, you'll be too busy trying to keep the truck straight.:peelout

1977fordf150

Reaction score
how much would it cost to get 500+ hp and 1000+ lb-ft at the wheel? Still able to drive it everyday.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
With the combo that I gave you, it's just a matter of turning the controller to a higher setting to get the 500hp. If you know someone with good fab skills, you can make the compound system yourself, elsewise you need to pick it up from one of the vendors. You'll need to budget 5000.00-6000.00 for everything plus labor. That's if you go twins, a big single is 1500.00 or so less. That's purchasing new retail. Do some horsetrading, talk to some folks with used equipment, you can get it done for less.