Power window stuck down

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I can say that the only time that I've had a key get stuck in the ignition switch was when the switch was going bad in my Red Truck. I didn't replace it soon enough and almost got stuck at a gas station because it wouldn't turn to the "on" position. I eventually managed to get it turned to the "on" position and jumped across the solenoid to start the engine so I could drive home.

RSchanz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also own a 12v Ryobi drill, quite the compact and useful little guy. And for testing 12v circuits the battery pack has come in handy more than a few times!

How do you connect the test leads to the battery? This seems pretty genius.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you connect the test leads to the battery? This seems pretty genius

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the battery. Spade terminals for the win! There's a little plus and minus next to the appropriate terminals.

After nearly 10 years I still don't have a dedicated jumper setup for this but now that I have a 3d printer I'm thinking of making an adapter that clicks into the top. Bench-testing things will become so much easier. And said jumper will have a fuse, since I could have blown up my pack the other day testing a motor that was shorting but I didn't know it. Yikes.
You must be registered for see images

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Emergency exit light batteries are excellent for bench testing as well. 12v 10ah battery is $27 on Amazon prime. I just looked. I have several test kits I have built at work that use them. I have one that I built in a cheap plastic toolbox with switches and a trailer light receptacle that I use for troubleshooting trailer lights. It’s very handy to walk up to a trailer, plug it into the box, and test every function separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Or having a “dumb” battery charger.... they will put out 12ish volts when they are turned on.

I will always have at least 1 dumb charger around... if a battery is “too low” or not connected a “smart” charger will not put anything out if it doesn’t think it’s ok.....

I need to replace my chargers.. I normally keep a small “lunchbox” sized one around for portability (I work in more places than my garage) and then a big “welder looking” charger. One of them will be a dumb charger.....

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I had a driver side window stuck issue for a while. Since I don't have a driver-side door panel I was able to reliably "fix" the motor by beating on it with the butt end of a large screwdriver whenever it got stuck, usually all the way up or all the way down. Replaced the motor and worked for a while but then got stuck. In the end it was a finicky loose connection near the factory connector so I cut out the connector and crimped on some male and female spade connectors--problem solved!

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emergency exit light batteries are excellent for bench testing as well. 12v 10ah battery is $27 on Amazon prime. I just looked. I have several test kits I have built at work that use them. I have one that I built in a cheap plastic toolbox with switches and a trailer light receptacle that I use for troubleshooting trailer lights. It’s very handy to walk up to a trailer, plug it into the box, and test every function separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you give us a link with an example?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726