Possible solution to the exhaust noise problem

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I came up with this, I need a quiet exhaust to drive across my neighbors easement, but I WANT a 5" pipe, so I was thinking of instaling an exhaust valve that runs open unless I need it quiet, when closed it diverts exhaust through a small (2.5"?) pipe with at least 1 baffeled muffler, it would only be good for low speed usage, but it would keep me more polite and on good terms ;Sweet LOL

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Napa do you have a muffler now if not I'm betting with 5" pipe it will be queiter going slow then with the 2.5'

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
Napa do you have a muffler now if not I'm betting with 5" pipe it will be queiter going slow then with the 2.5'

I know mine is much quieter with the 3 inch than the tiny 2" or so that was on it.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Right now it has a 20 year old banks stinger w/ muffler, no turbo, 3" manderel bends, it will have a turbo when it gets new exhaust.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
well if your going to put a turbo on when you do the exhaust then don't worry about it if your not getting on it it will be queit enough then

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't you just idle across in first? Gee ****. An IDI with no muffler is not that loud with no load on it. Your idea would work though. JC Whitney used to sell diverter valves that were cable operated.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm really not sure what to do right now, the trouble is the lay of the land, up in the hills. His house will be ~ 100' below us, but I left my little $25 wallmart stereo on one day and walked down to the front gate, on the way back up I could hear it almost 1/4 mile away due to the shape of the hills :(

Swany

Consiglieri
Reaction score
I opened up my straight piped exhaust just for my neighbors ;Sweet they'll get used to it

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
robertoh said:
cookoo They just dont understand or they are full of envy ;Sweet :peelout bccanuk :Sly

No kidding, he keeps asking me to trade, but I don't want that POS he drives cookoo one of these, but in black.

You must be registered for see images

:rotflmao LOL :rotflmao