possible injector upgrades

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i think i need to change my timing tho its has always seemed a little too retarded but i dont have a one thats working right now

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i took it 4 a drive this morning and i can get over 15psi easy and i didnt get to stay in it for long cuz i was on back roads but the egts never got over 650 for the short bursts

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i could only get over 15psi if i held it to the floor i 3rd and red lined it, now i every gear it will go to 15 and beyond no problem and on the hw i do about 80mph at about half throttle whare as before it would be about 3/4, it also seems to be a little quieter iam guessing its because of the extra fuel,

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the smoke situation like? Nowadays we have to worry about the smoking hotline
our local dmvs run

mj05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i took it 4 a drive this morning and i can get over 15psi easy and i didnt get to stay in it for long cuz i was on back roads but the egts never got over 650 for the short bursts

Now keep me straight here..... I read that once you get over 12psi, the turbo on idi's don't do much, in fact may overheat the intake air, actually losing power. Is your setup different or am I off base? cookoo Just wonderin! Thanks, by the way for taking these steps to improve idi performance! Keep on truckin!

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now keep me straight here..... I read that once you get over 12psi, the turbo on idi's don't do much, in fact may overheat the intake air, actually losing power. Is your setup different or am I off base? cookoo Just wonderin! Thanks, by the way for taking these steps to improve idi performance! Keep on truckin!

your spot on with after about 12 could be more could be less and it does super heat the air i never saw that high egts even when i pulled a 24ft car trailor with a 3/4ton f 250 7.3idi on it (that was today btw) it never got over 900 even past 12 psi, now it was colder out today so maby that had an affect? idk ether way its producing more power and drive pressure which means once i get another test set done ill be in the market 4 a bigger turbo or maby twins? also all of the tests were with the same intake/exhaust and no intercooler (which i havent put on yet):D

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the smoke situation like? Nowadays we have to worry about the smoking hotline
our local dmvs run

it really doesent smoke much more than it did before and i have my pump maxed out, i think the reason for this is because it spools the turbo so much faster it has more air than it did before :dunno but all i know is iam on the right track to making a set that shows a good increase in power, also i should let you guys know i have still not pop tested these i just threw them together and in they went because my tester is down right now but she starts just as fast as before and idles just fine kinda seems like their is a slight loap but that might just be some air or maby one of them is popping sooner than another but idk ill findout when i get my tester fixed!!;Sweet

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now did you modify new injectors? Or the old ones that were in your truck before?

i took a set of extra (e codes) i hade sitting around and opened the whole with abrasive flow maching 20% next i think iam going to try 35 or 40%;Sweet

mj05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's really exciting! I hope this works out for you! I know you've got a full plate with the work, testing, diagnosis and all, but don't forget at some point to check fuel economy. I just think reliable injectors that increase both power and mileage would be a hard-to-beat package! Especially if they're somewhat affordable. Keep up the good work... you could be on the verge of something great! ;Sweet

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's really exciting! I hope this works out for you! I know you've got a full plate with the work, testing, diagnosis and all, but don't forget at some point to check fuel economy. I just think reliable injectors that increase both power and mileage would be a hard-to-beat package! Especially if they're somewhat affordable. Keep up the good work... you could be on the verge of something great! ;Sweet

Thanks! iam happy with them so far expecialy not even pop testing them yet ill check my millage this week if i keep my foot out of it :peelout

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger