possible injector upgrades

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys, so ive been working on a project and i want everyone to know iam just trying to help these old idi progress and not kick out anyone elces products, so anyways heres the deal i took an old set of injectors and took them apart andused s special machining process to let them flow aprox 20% more fuel over stock now keep in mind i have not tested them i just did this yesterday and hopefully ill put them on my tester tomorrow to check spray pattern exc, then they will go in my truck, and if all goes well ill c how much i can get them to flow while still having good atomization and no drip, so ill keep updating!;Sweet

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
hey guys, so ive been working on a project and i want everyone to know iam just trying to help these old idi progress and not kick out anyone elces products, so anyways heres the deal i took an old set of injectors and took them apart andused s special machining process to let them flow aprox 20% more fuel over stock now keep in mind i have not tested them i just did this yesterday and hopefully ill put them on my tester tomorrow to check spray pattern exc, then they will go in my truck, and if all goes well ill c how much i can get them to flow while still having good atomization and no drip, so ill keep updating!;Sweet

So, Tell Me more about this special machining process...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If they work good and flow more than stock, and price aint to crazy then im game for buying a set;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll need numbers.....

EGT
Boost
Dyno HP/Torque gains (not butt-o-meter please).
Starting and idle quality.
Pop pressures
MPG
and so on... and so on...

Heath

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys sorry the comps went down yesterday at work and i didnt get home till 12 last night, as 4 the pics ill get some when i put them on the tester i have to order a gauge today cuz mine is broken, but ill put them on hopefully tomorow. now the machining process is (abrasive flow machining) iam shure most of you have heard of it and not only does it make the hloe larger it polishies the peice so its verry smooth, and this process can be used on just about anything like intake/exhaust mans, heads exc,
and i will get numbers 4 everyone once they are in my truck!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
hey guys sorry the comps went down yesterday at work and i didnt get home till 12 last night, as 4 the pics ill get some when i put them on the tester i have to order a gauge today cuz mine is broken, but ill put them on hopefully tomorow. now the machining process is (abrasive flow machining) iam shure most of you have heard of it and not only does it make the hloe larger it polishies the peice so its verry smooth, and this process can be used on just about anything like intake/exhaust mans, heads exc,

any idea on cost? and pop pressure etc?

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds like extrude honing

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the afm process is a type of extrude hone process, and iam not shure about the price, i guess it all depends if someone was to give me a set lets say from their truck or if they have an extra set that would be the cheapest but if some one wanted a new set that would be possible as well, along with me not knowing the price once i test these ill c if we can get some different sizes to offer like this first run was only a 20% increase which i personally think is going to be a good bit but who knows what the spray pattern will be like when i make more of a change say i did 50% it just might not work but ill try my best, as for pressures i would like mine to be quite high just so their is better atomization, but iam still in the beging stages

97idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and just a ball park figure for now i hope to keep them under $500 at least thats what i would like but well c as i get farther into it

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
I'm still curious about the need for these....

I have not found an instance yet where I could use all the moose pump had to offer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online