Point of no return project.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
yep we do get some good snows on occasion

and i love that tail pipe you got i always have liked the angled exit i dont like the 45 degree exit looks to restrictive for me and i would like the part number also

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
so is "Union", TN in the snow belt?

union is up in east tennesse i havent ever been there but looking at the map i would say that it would be pretty snowy casue its probly a pretty good distance up in the mountains, my house were i live is 2000 ft above sea level which im oretty sure id the highest spot on the cumber land platuae, (dont hold me to that LOL lol) but union is probly higher than were i live

DieselJuice

Reaction score
Can I see more pictures of that exhaust? Sorry lol didn't know NAPA had 4 inch exhausts for idi's I'm really interested. Seeing as though mine is cut and welded (by me) and looks like crap since no one around here could bend the pipe :D

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Can I see more pictures of that exhaust? Sorry lol didn't know NAPA had 4 inch exhausts for idi's I'm really interested. Seeing as though mine is cut and welded (by me) and looks like crap since no one around here could bend the pipe :D

i love your truck man i have always loved that body stule painted in the 2 tone blue like that one, my dad has one jsut like it

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
every single thing is the same between yours and my dads, five speed 7.3 4x4 everything lol

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here ya go.

Attachments

• IMG_4195.JPG
    IMG_4195.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4196.JPG
    IMG_4196.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 11

sassyrel

Reaction score
as micheal said--check them out for paint, i knew of another co, just dont remember the name now--

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as micheal said--check them out for paint, i knew of another co, just dont remember the name now--

Could it be Eastwood? I used to get some of their catalogs for metal finishing and they had paint and prep available.

jschell77

Reaction score
Tim,

What's the deal with the cross beam in the bed? I was going to use 4 cargo straps at the corners to lift my bed out. Is your method prefered or is mine completely wrong?

Thanks,
Jon

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cherry picker works ok but the angle iron does bend the lip a little, but I didn't care because I wasn't gonna use this bed anyway.

You could use wood slats to protect the lip, then it raises the rear a little more than the front, then I placed a board between the arm and the rear of the bed to raise the front part, then just drive out from under it.

Pulled it by myself using this method, after I paint my new bed I will get three more guys from work and set the new bed on very carefully.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta ask, how did you move the handle for the tailgate down there? I love how it turned out, and since I'm all for mods (whether I need them or not) I'd be pretty interested in seeing more pics of your tailgate work :D