Point of no return project.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking great. after your through with yours you can start on mine. lol

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really tired of working on her, sand and buff, sand and buff, sand and buff.

The wife has helped with the wet sanding and assist me with the water while buffing, only point is, next week she wants me to start getting the Miatia ready to paint.

Spent just over $600 so far and I had lots of stuff already.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm really tired of working on her, sand and buff, sand and buff, sand and buff.

The wife has helped with the wet sanding and assist me with the water while buffing, only point is, next week she wants me to start getting the Miatia ready to paint.

Spent just over $600 so far and I had lots of stuff already.
i painted my toyota 4x4 and its half the size of our trucks. i swore right then and there that i would never paint another LOL. thats just too much sanding for me. the bad thing is the only thing that needs to be painted on mine is the two back fenders. for some reason the clear coat peeled off and then the paint is starting to peel off where the clear is missing.

Last edited:

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When painting base coat clear coat make sure the clear goes on no later than 20 minutes after the base is on.

Wet sand 24 hours later, I use 1500 then 2000 grit.

Let the sanded clear paint set for 24-48 hours then buff with compound then with polish, wax it four weeks later. Use a foam pad on medium speed.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When painting base coat clear coat make sure the clear goes on no later than 20 minutes after the base is on.

Wet sand 24 hours later, I use 1500 then 2000 grit.

Let the sanded clear paint set for 24-48 hours then buff with compound then with polish, wax it four weeks later. Use a foam pad on medium speed.
when your polishing, your using a high speed polisher on medium? and also when you compound the paint out are you using a mild grit compound made by 3M.

jtate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, 3M good stuff, mild polishing compound then dark swirl remover polish made for a foam pad. .
if i have some minor scratches in the paint, cant i take them out with the compound and then polish to blend in?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online