Pie Chart

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
I guess no one from WV is on that sight, i know of 4 good friends of mine that have IDI powered Ford rigs and alot of work trucks around here are IDI Fords, heck our fire dept that i am a member of has a 6.2 powered chevy utility truck, and i have seen a couple 6.2's still on the road around martinsburg. link from Mels pics

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to do an annual IDI owners survey, to help in identifying states with a high IDI ownership percentile. This was done primarily to help those who wanted to host a get together, so they could see how likely its sucess might be for their particular area. That pie chart is a few years old now. There has historically been no WV participation since I started doing them. I attributed a lot of this to the lack of internet in WV in those years. I imagine a lot of folks in the mountain state now have on-line stores for their moonshine. LOL I don't seem to have the time to dedicate to doing them anymore, so if somebody wants to give it a shot feel free. Basically what you need to set up is a poll, with all 50 states, and canadian provinces listed. I always included a Europe, South America, and Austrailia catagory as well. Run the poll for a few weeks, and then tally the results in Excel. That's what you then use to crank out the pie chart. The pie chart is very readable, provided that you look at the full size image, which will be smaller in your browser unless you know how to enlarge it.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
it would be interesting to know.... i've only seen a few IDI's 'round here.. these people don't know trucks... haha

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
true 4x4TG
What I have seen tho, is ALOT of old farmers that had 6.9/7.3's and upgraded years ago to newer rigs. Most of them fall in love with my truck, and I always hear "Damn, wish I'd never sold that truck"

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
yea well 'round here folks see my truck and ask if its a 150.... LOSERS!! :rotflmao If it's not that i get... "didn't expect a lil girl like you to get outta that big ole truck" hah! oh well.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
Muddinkev44, seeing as how we're already painfully off topic with no hope of return......

I see your pic/avatar. Whats up with those sunvisor things on trucks in the northeast?
I see them all the time on trucks from PA that I buy.... really ruins it down here in Georgia, as the only people I can resell the truck to are mexicans.

last truck I bought was a 94 chevy. had a sunvisor and all that, stepside short bed etc. Bought it in PA for $3500, sold it here two months later for $6500 (to a mexican who carpeted the dash, put in a ****** mary bobblehead, and tassels from the ceilin)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second that. I'm surprised they have no appeal down south. If you drive in the mornings or evenings, it's better than sunglasses. Besides, you can always take them off and just plug the holes, put the visor on ebay, and get $100 from somebody up north. LOL