Picture of bricknose intercooler

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a short test drive in before work only hit 10 psi but I think wastegate is opening on me from backpressure, it's unhooked currently have to tap a hole to hook it to intake soon and adjust it to around 15ish. Right now it's just sitting at factory 7 so no much tension on it

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don’t have the AC condenser in the stack do you? I had to cut the handle off my hood latch. I’m contemplating going to the 4” core IC. Same dimensions just an inch thicker.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Non ac truck, I just had to cut the bar to the hood release but not the handle to fit it in, I didn't even have to trim the grill like I read on here before. Mine looks like it's core is 4 inches thick I think or maybe just 3 it's the ic0022 one a lot of people are using. For some reason it almost feels like I lost some top end power and gained tons of low end power after instal

Muleman

Reaction score
Do most people use the intercoolers from 97-03 trucks? Im assuming the new smaller radiator may make other intercoolers a possibility.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the cx racing cooler that was recommended on here. It's a good fit and wasn't very expensive. I intercooled my truck for less than 400$ I have some minor improvements I need to address but it's good for a while I'm just picky mostly cosmetic

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear a more detailed post about what changes you notice the longer you have the intercooler installed. or if you dont want to post it and would rather message me, I would love to hear it!

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did notice power seems to come on earlier and stay constant throughout the rpm range not so building up to power till redline anymore if that makes any sense. Torque defiantly increased the most at least by seat dyno. Hopefully one day I can get it to a dyno

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the kit you bought (CX Racing) include piping? Do you have additional pics to share?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cx racing cooler was just one recommended on here it fits pretty well, piping was just a universal piping kit for like 80$ and the intercooler was like 100$ish plus a couple reducer boots.
You must be registered for see images attach
It's not the most perfect and clean job I could have done but it will do the job

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you dig around on CX racing’s site. There is a kit with 4 L’s not straight up 90’s but one leg longer than the other. I think that’s the one I bought and it only took me an extra short piece of pipe and a couple reducer boots.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just one from oriellys, upgrade will come later but I needed to stay on the road and had to change out my wide style core support and leaking radiator for tall skinny support and new radiator. It's got plastic tanks but have warrantee for a while so we will see, as of now it's not leaking and seems to keep cool but temps are still cool outside because winter so we will see in the summer. Intercooler works very well so far very happy with it

Nick382

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you got it installed! I'm guessing your truck hard the turbo in place before?

I wish I had time to install my new setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk