Picture of bricknose intercooler

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have pictures of bricknose intercooler and how you mounted it? I'm going to be installing my cx racing intercooler soon and want to see what i need to do to mount it. Like cutting anything or brackets making? My pipe routine is gonna be interesting as I have the wide radiator but I think I'm just gonna route under it

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It look a pretty simple to mount in there I was thinking of getting some aluminium like that to make brakets for it, piping I have a bunch f universal tubing to put together and route it under radiator support and around engine bay parts

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
As long as you're mostly on the highway, going under the radiator support will be fine, but if you do much off roading, then be careful since the piping will be close to the bottom of the bumper and could get hung up on something.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at project big red we have the same cooler but now looking I'm not sure I can get passed my frame, to go under the radiator but maybe I'm wrong hard to tell till I have it apart tomorrow. Why couldn't I just have gotten the truck with a tall narrow one like everyone else! I know I can change out everything to have one but that's so much more work lol

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Someone re-enforced my core support at some point but now it's in my way of fitting my intercooler! Sawzall can't cut it because it's too close to my radiator not sure how I'm gonna get these out!

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's ground off now! Just figuring out my piping route Is proving to be biggest challenge now, if I take my fan shroud out I can make it up under the radiator but I'm not sure if that will affect my cooling negitivly enough to matter? Maybe cut and modify it to allow my pipes in there also it comes out in two pieces since I have the wide radiator so simple to take out.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'd leave it in if you can at all. It really does help with cooling. Modifying is a good idea. Personally, I hate the radiators like yours because they were so much harder for me to get out than the narrower ones.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not too fond of it either, i'm gonna take fan shroud out install cooler and then modify it to fit after charge pipes are in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online