pics and vid of last motor i built

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
It's always cool to see a motor running out of a truck, kind of trippy too. Paint looks awesome as well.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
yea it was an intersting night. it was winter, and was only about 50-60 degrees in my shop. we didnt wire up the glowplugs, and i didnt want to use ether. so my brilliant idea! a heat gun. shoved that into the intake and let it run on high for a min. taped the starter and fired right up.

japar

Reaction score
The paint job makes me think of Halloween or maybe it was all the candy at Walmart

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to start mine on a stand hopefully in two weeks when I go home, in hopes of finding that damn oil leak.

wouldn't it be missing, shaking and leaking then?? :rotflmao

-Jon

A harley missing or leaking? only the ones that were wrecked had those symptoms at the harley davidson I worked at:confused:

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A harley missing or leaking? only the ones that were wrecked had those symptoms at the harley davidson I worked at:confused:

The quality control that a modern Harley goes through is up to par with any other major motorcycle manufacturer. However, back in the 70's, a company called AMF bought Harley and the bikes produced during that period were not reliable, to say the least. This led to the stereotype that all Harleys leak oil, shake like crazy, and will always leave you stranded (usually in the rain).

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quality control that a modern Harley goes through is up to par with any other major motorcycle manufacturer. However, back in the 70's, a company called AMF bought Harley and the bikes produced during that period were not reliable, to say the least. This led to the stereotype that all Harleys leak oil, shake like crazy, and will always leave you stranded (usually in the rain).

Sorry I forgot about that, it was always a joke at the shopLOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726