performance injectors

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin at puttin in injectors in 00 cummins and was wondering if you guys new wich was better. DDP or BD injectors, looking at getin 100 to 125 hp ijectors thanks for the help.

redmond572000

Reaction score
Are you running a fass or airdog? careful with those 100, 125hp injectors! There smokin pigs! Im running 75hp combined with my 95fass and big line kit! Love it!

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was going to upgrade to a fass as soon as I put them in and I dnt care if smokes a bunch just lookin for the power! I gota redo my tranny though now cause that went boom last week though so injectors are on the waiting list.

redmond572000

Reaction score
What tranny are you going to go with! I'm a shaker myself but I know that theres a billet trans for your rig thats bar none! pretty bullet proof! You wouldnt happen to live near hemet, ca would ya! My mechanic at maximum diesel is the man! He can get you all dialed in! Id recommend getting yourself a smarty programmer before you get your injectors and fass! Its the best 600 bucks you'll invest in your 24v! It really woke my truck up! u can dail er in according to torque, timing, injection etc.. The edge isnt half bad but Id def. go with the smarty!

Last edited:

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinkin on the smarty, before i bought my edge but everyone I talked to said that edge was the way to go, but Im thinking on going with a smarty, I just orded the parts for my transmission today before I loged on! wish I woulda waited and seen what you posted! I orded a triple disk torque converter and stage 3 mega viper transmission kit the guy said it was good for 1400 ftp of torque so we'll see how that holds up if she blows again I'll be getn ahold of ya! and is the ca that you say your from canada? cause I only live three er three in half hours from the border

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
You need to get a billet input, and a better flex plate is a good idea when runnin a heavy billet tripple disc. I would assume you got your stuff from PATC in Lousiana? I hope the kit came with valve body upgrades.

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
havnt got it yet supose to come tuesday or wednesday and according to the guy I talked to he said that I dnt need a billet input if wasnt planning on pushing huge hp out of it he said it would be fine for 600 hp but we'll see how she holds up.

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
It will hold 600RWHP but how long depends on how you drive it.
I broke a stock input on my 02 @ about 300 RWHP (stock injectors) doing 4wd launches and locked shifts.
When you break the input it normally takes out the converter and the pump as well as contaminates the whole trans.
I just broke a billet input @ about 740 RWHP. Next step is a over size billet input. It just never ends;p

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya somtimes you wonder why you keep sticking money into the things but its addicting I guess! Maybe someday ill take the hp up over 5 er 6 hundered but I dnt know when, let me know how that oversize billet input holds up for ya. You havent broke the intermediate or output shaft yet have ya?

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
Ya somtimes you wonder why you keep sticking money into the things but its addicting I guess! Maybe someday ill take the hp up over 5 er 6 hundered but I dnt know when, let me know how that oversize billet input holds up for ya. You havent broke the intermediate or output shaft yet have ya?
I have broken a stock input shaft, just broke a billet input, and a while back broke a billet output. The intermediate shaft is generaly not much of a problem. I went ahead and went billet on the intermediate as well . When you break the intermediate it takes most all of the gear train = $$$$ speaking of which I have also broken the 47RE rear planet.
The stock output is atleast as likely to break on a 4WD as the input. But when it breaks it just snaps off and causes no additional damage.
To address the 47RE gear train I went to a junk yard and picked up a 48RE doner trans. The only things you cannot re use from the 48RE are the main case and in some cases the forward band apply lever.
I just took the trans apart last night. I can get some pics if you would like. I believe I have some old pics of the rear planet, the broken output, and my solution to the broken output. I break ALOT of stuff and am just trying to save you some head aches.

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
Some pics...

Attachments

• DSC00151.JPG
    DSC00151.JPG
    572.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00171.JPG
    DSC00171.JPG
    580.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00173.JPG
    DSC00173.JPG
    581.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00186.JPG
    DSC00186.JPG
    600.4 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00215.JPG
    DSC00215.JPG
    573.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC00217.JPG
    DSC00217.JPG
    595.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Trans cooler 1.jpg
    Trans cooler 1.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 1

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out why it lost reverse, the direct drive drum split in two peices so the trannys on hold untill I get that part, the kit from patc did come with valve body mods and 5 clutch power pack, looks like a good kit, thats some nasty carnage you got goin on there! would a 48re drum work in mine?

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
I found out why it lost reverse, the direct drive drum split in two peices so the trannys on hold untill I get that part, the kit from patc did come with valve body mods and 5 clutch power pack, looks like a good kit, thats some nasty carnage you got goin on there! would a 48re drum work in mine?
You are talking about this drum, correct?
If so its the same 90-07. Where did it split? Near the rear where it rides on the piston housing?

Attachments

• rear drum.jpg
    rear drum.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

redneck pride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mistake it was the front clutch housing that split and it split at the back side I'll try and post some pics of it soon kinda funny lookin, I got one I took out of another tranny so we'll see what happens tomorrow when I get er in there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance