Pensacola Diesel?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the U-Haul pumps, we have taken them in as cores for Moose Pumps. The ones we looked at were pretty good mechanically, but one of them had a bad cold advance solenoid. Now, that is not something that you might notice in moderate climates, and once the truck is warmed up, obviously it's not important, BUT it is a $100 part, and obviously for what U-haul charges, they are not going to put a $100 part into a pump. Economics what they are, if I was in a financial bind, I would take a U-haul pump with a bad cold advance, and cross my fingers that it would last me until I had $600 in the bank I could set aside for a pump that will last 100,000 miles.

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
I had two u-haul pumps turn out to be duds. Both were Diesel Logic rebuilds fresh from the shrink wrap. I must have picked up two from the same bad Monday morning rebuild. U-Haul was willing to exchange the first bad one and the second I just consider a core for a moose.

What was wrong with the pumps? Myself and others have a few as spares, to be used years from now.

How long from purchase to complaint?

Did UHaul give you a hard time?

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my Pensacola pump a 1 1/2 years ago now, and while it is running fine it has started to leak from the plunger on the bottom.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Pretty sure I bought my last set of injectors from Pensecola diesel. They were cheap, and are still working well in the truck. This was 3 years ago? Before Mel or Russ were selling them.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Pretty sure I bought my last set of injectors from Pensecola diesel. They were cheap, and are still working well in the truck. This was 3 years ago? Before Mel or Russ were selling them.

Same here, but i got mine a little longer than 3 years ago. They came with a hand written note saying they were pressure matched and each had the pressure engraved on em.

crab bucket

Crab Bucket
Reaction score
U-Haul was great to deal with. They exchanged pumps for me twice. By the time I had installed the third one, they had long since sold out their last one. I've bought many other parts from them. They are very quick to help is there is a problem.

What was wrong with the pumps? Myself and others have a few as spares, to be used years from now.

How long from purchase to complaint?

Did UHaul give you a hard time?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online