Parting or complete black 93 ext cab 7.3 ats ZF5 dually

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lowball would be 1000 or less :rotflmao. 1500 aint bad.
I might be interested in that zf5 if it can fit where my t19 was :dunno

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
You really need to put a price on your stuff if you really want to sell it. There is no way for anyone to read your mind on what you want to sell it for, (besides top dollar). You know what the truck really is, you know what you need to get out of it, You need to price it.

Nobody really has any success selling anything with just posting something up and saying make an offer, Especially if they aren't there to actually look at it, and have to consider having to tow it away, get it home and deal with any hidden surprises.

If you want to sell it,... price it,..If you want offers on it,..put it on ebay and let it go to the highest bidder,..but this aint ebay,..

good luck,.

pdxfordguy

Reaction score
You really need to put a price on your stuff if you really want to sell it. There is no way for anyone to read your mind on what you want to sell it for, (besides top dollar). You know what the truck really is, you know what you need to get out of it, You need to price it.

Nobody really has any success selling anything with just posting something up and saying make an offer, Especially if they aren't there to actually look at it, and have to consider having to tow it away, get it home and deal with any hidden surprises.

If you want to sell it,... price it,..If you want offers on it,..put it on ebay and let it go to the highest bidder,..but this aint ebay,..

good luck,.

thanks for the info ... I guess I will look up some prices ... and price accordingly ... it can be started by putting back in the switch ... no, that wont proove its reliable or driveable, but would prove it starts ...

With anything you buy, there is potential for suprises ... hidden or not.

im shooting for $2500 out of the truck ... thought I would make more parting it out. Someone local offerd $3500 before I took dash and seats ... I havent asked him (yet) if hes still interested ...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info ... I guess I will look up some prices ... and price accordingly ... it can be started by putting back in the switch ... no, that wont proove its reliable or driveable, but would prove it starts ...

With anything you buy, there is potential for suprises ... hidden or not.

im shooting for $2500 out of the truck ... thought I would make more parting it out. Someone local offerd $3500 before I took dash and seats ... I havent asked him (yet) if hes still interested ...
my usual offer for trucks for parts trucks is 300-700. having removed the good parts off the truck and installing junk parts makes your truck a "parts truck". removing dash, seats, doors and steering column will really cut into a vehicle's value. but hey, if you can get the guy offering 3500 to take it as it is now, you better go find him fast. you won't find many buyers like him out there.;Sweet
if you do revisit my offer, here's the terms....motor has no blowby, no strange noises coming from either the motor or trans, dually fender doghouses are intact and not cracked, and no other parts other than the ones you already stated are removed from the truck.
good luck with the sale.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lowball would be 1000 or less :rotflmao. 1500 aint bad.
I might be interested in that zf5 if it can fit where my t19 was :dunno
you will need a ZF out of a 4wd truck or a F450. you're across the kali state line and f450's will be going cheap again very shortly. you can get both a ZF and a hydro changeover at the same time and sell off the rest as scrap.;Sweet

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all due respect, I have to agree with what Darrin, Calvin, and rhkcommander said...it may be possible to put her back together and have a viable, running truck, but as she sits now, there's really no way she can be priced at anything above what a parts truck would go for. Frankly, I think Calvin's $1500 offer was more than fair...I was thinking that, if I were going to go for the whole truck, I would be willing to go up to $1000. If you're serious about wanting $2500+ for the truck, IMHO you would do well to assemble and install a complete interior and restore her to full operational status. I can't imagine anyone paying that much for a truck that they couldn't turn the key and drive away on the spot.

Just my $.02...best of luck with the sale ;Sweet

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will need a ZF out of a 4wd truck or a F450. you're across the kali state line and f450's will be going cheap again very shortly. you can get both a ZF and a hydro changeover at the same time and sell off the rest as scrap.;Sweet
Good idea thanks, I'll have to try n' keep an eye out.

i saw someone selling a zf5 4x4 for 600 maybe :dunno:sly

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good idea thanks, I'll have to try n' keep an eye out.

i saw someone selling a zf5 4x4 for 600 maybe :dunno:sly
Actually, I would take Calvin's suggestion one step further and make a recommendation. The lower 1st gear on the F-450 ZF really makes life easier ;Sweet if it's possible, I would go out of my way to find one...

pdxfordguy

Reaction score
Im sorry, I thought the turbo set up was worth $500+, the motor $500+, the trans $500, doors $50/ea, dually fenders $100/ea or bed and fenders around $400, dont know about rear bench, cab, chassy/title, rear end etc ... it seems Id be better off selling parts individually thatn selling it as a $1500 parts truck.

you want to come turn the key??? Come do it! The steering column can be put back in in a matter of minutes and when the module on the column is plugged in, it could be turn key ... It could even be test driven like that to verify the driveability ...

they guy didnt offer $3500 as it is now, he offered before I took anything out ... I was just being lazy and did not want to put it all back together ... but like I said before, its just an afternoon ...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im sorry, I thought the turbo set up was worth $500+, the motor $500+, the trans $500, doors $50/ea, dually fenders $100/ea or bed and fenders around $400, dont know about rear bench, cab, chassy/title, rear end etc ... it seems Id be better off selling parts individually thatn selling it as a $1500 parts truck.
Sadly, that's often the case. It's a matter of being willing to take the time and resources to store the chassis and to pull, pack, and ship the various parts, vs selling the whole thing and getting it off your hands quicker. The question is, do you have plenty of time to burn whee you can go and pull individual parts and don't have to worry about storing the truck, or do you need to get the thing gone quickly? FWIW, to anyone other than me, my truck is easily worth more in parts than she is whole. Oftentimes, that's just how the market works...not trying to pick on your or hurt your feelings or anything on those lines.

With that said, if you put the interior back together so that it were a complete truck, depending on the overall mileage and mechanical condition, $3500 wouldn't be out of line. But, as it sits, it really can't be presented as anything beyond a parts truck...and, regardless of what's included, most people would consider themselves lucky to get more than $1000 out of a parts truck. Again, no offense intended; that's just how it is.

In any event, best of luck to you regardless of the route you choose. And, again, if you decide to part it out and can get the various parts to the PDX area, I am interested in the bed/dualie fenders and the front clip (bumper, front fenders, hood, and cowl covering)...

pdxfordguy

Reaction score
Sadly, that's often the case. It's a matter of being willing to take the time and resources to store the chassis and to pull, pack, and ship the various parts, vs selling the whole thing and getting it off your hands quicker. The question is, do you have plenty of time to burn whee you can go and pull individual parts and don't have to worry about storing the truck, or do you need to get the thing gone quickly? FWIW, to anyone other than me, my truck is easily worth more in parts than she is whole. Oftentimes, that's just how the market works...not trying to pick on your or hurt your feelings or anything on those lines.

With that said, if you put the interior back together so that it were a complete truck, depending on the overall mileage and mechanical condition, $3500 wouldn't be out of line. But, as it sits, it really can't be presented as anything beyond a parts truck...and, regardless of what's included, most people would consider themselves lucky to get more than $1000 out of a parts truck. Again, no offense intended; that's just how it is.

In any event, best of luck to you regardless of the route you choose. And, again, if you decide to part it out and can get the various parts to the PDX area, I am interested in the bed/dualie fenders and the front clip (bumper, front fenders, hood, and cowl covering)...

I appreciate everyones input ... honestly I do. And im not thin skinned, so Im not taking anything personally ... just as I am looking to recover money, everyone buying is looking to save money ... I understand :D

Thank you for the honest input ... parting it out is the way to go then ... for me anyway :D

pdxfordguy

Reaction score
my usual offer for trucks for parts trucks is 300-700. having removed the good parts off the truck and installing junk parts makes your truck a "parts truck". removing dash, seats, doors and steering column will really cut into a vehicle's value. but hey, if you can get the guy offering 3500 to take it as it is now, you better go find him fast. you won't find many buyers like him out there.;Sweet
if you do revisit my offer, here's the terms....motor has no blowby, no strange noises coming from either the motor or trans, dually fender doghouses are intact and not cracked, and no other parts other than the ones you already stated are removed from the truck.
good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the info, and thank you for making a "more than fair" offer based on the condition and value of the truck as a parts truck. I need $2500 bottom line, so if thats parting it out or putting it back together and selling it whole, then I will have to go that route. Since you all dont know me, and dont know the truck, I understand it is a risk to you ... as it would be to me if positions were reversed ...

I would gladly invite and encourage anyone to come check it out if they have any questions ... if ANYONE wants specific pictures, I can take specific pictures. FWIW, it was a daily driver and has not let me down ... I just wanted the crew cab for my family ... it still has tags, and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere (besides the expence of fuel ... lol).

With just over 190k, it has no blowby, no funny noises, the only issue is a loose belt (think its slightly too big, I could not tighten it more) that squeeks here and there.

Im sure everyone wants to know ... why $2500 ... well, thats the amount I owe now (on the repirs of my crewcab from this last summer) and want to pay it off so I dont owe any money. As with everyone, I have more into the truck I am selling than that amount ... it really isnt about the ext cab at all, its about paying of the loan for the truck repairs on the truck I am keeping.