Outstanding Clutch Flywheel Deal Auto Zone

sassyrel

Reaction score
And you're Mr high and mighty that's never lied to them so they would take back a junk part??

My ideas came from the workers. Word for word.

when a rock,,is thrown into a pack of dogs,,guess which one squeals when hit??? i deal honestly,,if YOU dont want to,,so be it....your posts reveal much about you...ask mel..about sowing and reaping,,and what it means..he will explain it to you..

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
glad i didnt have a mouthful of pop when i read that!!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao did they squeal all the time also???

Yep, after he realized what was going on (they still wanted to charge labor of course cookoo) He just replaced pads and rotors with good oem replacements and all was back to being good.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
when a rock,,is thrown into a pack of dogs,,guess which one squeals when hit??? i deal honestly,,if YOU dont want to,,so be it....your posts reveal much about you...ask mel..about sowing and reaping,,and what it means..he will explain it to you..

I really wasn't sure who you meant it towards. But it seems every thread you post in, you find someone to start **** with. People like you are why all forum's are going down the *******.

There's a big difference between Mel's business and Autozone.
Mel's work is to help people out, with excellent quality.
Autozone is selling cheap parts, and occasionally ripping people off.

I know everyone who works there. It was a manager that said to do it and that it's okay. He just said they "needed" a reason for the exchange.
End of story.
Got a problem with that, then keep it to yourself!
Everyone here said they do it with lifetime warranty parts, but you seemed to try to single me out from everyone else.
Not the first time it's happened either.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how some guys do it. I have talked with other guys who buy "lifetime warranty" parts, expecting to be able to take them back forever. Each time I have taken a lifetime part back, they won't give me the receipt back. I have never argued with them, since I did get several years out of the part, but I did take note of it. Most of the time it's exhaust system parts. I put a complete Walker exhaust system on my wife's Honda and it had a lifetime warranty, and it wasn't cheap. About 6 years later it had a hole in the muffler, and since it's a welded system, about half of it had to be replaced. I didn't even have the receipt, but they had a record of my buying something that was about $300, so the guy was nice and replaced it for free, but he said this would be the one and only time they would do it.

I don't take much stock in the "lifetime warranty" from my experiences, but it can give you some benefit sometimes.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Franklin, that sounds about right.
I haven't actually exchanged anything more than once. And usually don't have to in the first place.
But I have returned some stuff for cash/store credit.

Like let's say I replace something, then go to scrap the car a month later. I'll return non reusable parts.

Oh and with the lifetime warranty stuff, sometimes if they won't actually exchange it, they prorate a new one. Which is usually half price.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually just warranted?? My front brake pads on my 2004 f-150. I will turn the rear pads in tomorrow. Not a high priced item, but it will save me about 45 dollars. If they have a warranty, and they wear out normally, our parts stores around here normally don't give you much hassle. If there is another mechanical failure that causes failure of the part. I think you need to be honest with the store and pay for the replacement.

On another note, I save ALL my paper receipts and that has helped the stores remember I bought the part. Computers have a way of forgetting what you bought.

1Turbo10

Reaction score
If you ever use their brake pads,all the replacement ones are free!! I am on my 4th set...Free! Az is great that way give it a try.

Last edited:

sassyrel

Reaction score
Yep, after he realized what was going on (they still wanted to charge labor of course cookoo) He just replaced pads and rotors with good oem replacements and all was back to being good.

dont doubt it one bit........

sassyrel

Reaction score
I really wasn't sure who you meant it towards. But it seems every thread you post in, you find someone to start **** with. People like you are why all forum's are going down the *******.

There's a big difference between Mel's business and Autozone.
Mel's work is to help people out, with excellent quality.
Autozone is selling cheap parts, and occasionally ripping people off.

I know everyone who works there. It was a manager that said to do it and that it's okay. He just said they "needed" a reason for the exchange.
End of story.
Got a problem with that, then keep it to yourself!
Everyone here said they do it with lifetime warranty parts, but you seemed to try to single me out from everyone else.
Not the first time it's happened either.

your near new on here,,and it seems,,that you are of the opinion,,that theres nothing you dont know..i also said about mel,,and you misunderstood the whole thing..and,,since when are you of the mind,,to tell others on here,,how they should feel..and tell them to shut up?? you the new authority on the block???..if so,,you sure have a high opinion of yourself..if im not mistaken,,another person commented,,about being honest with the parts stores..apparently, he felt the same..but didnt get as pointed about it..remember,,i didnt mention anyones name,,and you took umbrage with it..figure it out yet???

sassyrel

Reaction score
But you gotta be careful with electrical parts. Just clean them up real good and say it wouldn't fit/didn't need it.[/QUOTE]

this right here,,explains everything....still got it figured out???

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You just keep on and keep on trying to argue and drag pointless crap into this thread.
Really shows your maturity level.

Reread what I said.

The one that just mentioned about being honest, he said if the root cause of the failure was not related to the warranteed component, then pay up for a new one.

Everyone here is swapping out brake pads, something which I don't exactly agree with. But you don't see me throwing a little whiny fit about it.
It's called keep your opinions to yourself. Which I said above, that you translated into me telling you to shut up. Which I didn't.

Being new here has diddly squat to do with anything.

Never said I knew everything. But at least I give constructive opinions, instead of destructive criticism.

And your last statement was already explained enough. Try reading before typing and trying to be some internet badass.

I'm done with this thread, and probably done with this whole forum if more people acting like you show up.

sassyrel

Reaction score
im glad,,that people will now feel,,it is their obligation,,to start cheating any and all parts stores,,as they have it coming,,them being dishonest and all.... [But you gotta be careful with electrical parts. Just clean them up real good and say it wouldn't fit/didn't need it.] quote.........please send me the names and ph numbers of all the parts houses in your area that you deal with....

Black dawg

Reaction score
Returning used parts as new (especially electrical) causes headaches daily for the people who make their living working at these parts stores, and even bigger headaches for the peoples buisinesses that rely on these parts stores. It is really getting old opening a box to find an electrical part that someone installed and used as their diagnostics instead of actually diagnosing the problem. I could go on for pages about this, as I see it almost daily. The part that sucks, is that it isnt just rookies pulling this crap, there is a shop around here that just plugs stuff in till the problem is fixed, and then returns anything the car didnt need. He will say straight out, that it takes less time to diagnose this way.

there is a big difference between using/abusing a lifetime warranty, and returning used parts as new. The parts stores do keep track of who returned what, and it will catch up to you.

This was not only directed at you jasper, but to any who take your advice on returning electrical parts.

sorry to cloud up this thread.

sassyrel

Reaction score
Returning used parts as new (especially electrical) causes headaches daily for the people who make their living working at these parts stores, and even bigger headaches for the peoples buisinesses that rely on these parts stores. It is really getting old opening a box to find an electrical part that someone installed and used as their diagnostics instead of actually diagnosing the problem. I could go on for pages about this, as I see it almost daily. The part that sucks, is that it isnt just rookies pulling this crap, there is a shop around here that just plugs stuff in till the problem is fixed, and then returns anything the car didnt need. He will say straight out, that it takes less time to diagnose this way.

there is a big difference between using/abusing a lifetime warranty, and returning used parts as new. The parts stores do keep track of who returned what, and it will catch up to you.

This was not only directed at you jasper, but to any who take your advice on returning electrical parts.

sorry to cloud up this thread.

thank you..parts stores,,are not in business,,to be a diagnostics center...and i have gotten electrical,,that someone used,returned,,and it was damaged..that is exceedingly irratating,,as i live 35 miles from the parts store....

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my clutch from napa. It's a LUK boxed as a Napa brand. Came with flywheel, bolts, pressure plate, , bolts, clutch disc, pilot and Throwout bearing and it's a 12.25" not an 11. $435