Outstanding Clutch Flywheel Deal Auto Zone

1Turbo10

Reaction score
I just had to pass this one along. I just received mine and it all looks great. Auto Zone online only,has a deal for Clutch,Presure plate,TOB and Flywheel Free shipped with a 50.00 discount using their code for a total to your door of 269.00+ Tax!!
Has a Lifetime on it also!

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the clutch I went with also. I have been reasonably happy with it, but mine probably would have been better if the flywheel would have been surfaced. Mine has a slight bucking in it upon take off, like it is a little out of spec in the surface flatness. Not too bad except in reverse. With the gearing it has, reverse bucks quite a bit. I also got the same deal on mine. The first on I received had the throw out bearing damaged in shipping, but they were quick to get a replacement.

I will warranty this clutch with them as soon as I have another reason to pull the transmission it, but right now it is bearable.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just had to pass this one along. I just received mine and it all looks great. Auto Zone online only,has a deal for Clutch,Presure plate,TOB and Flywheel Free shipped with a 50.00 discount using their code for a total to your door of 269.00+ Tax!!
Has a Lifetime on it also!

Not entirely sure how you lifetime warranty a wear item....

Never seen a lifetime tyre warranty

Never seen lifetime Brake pad warranty....they do wear out...

Never seen lifetime belt warrant....

Just saying...

Some parts do wear out...

Al

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same clutch, mine has been trouble free thus far, looked just like the used luk set up I got laying around.

Al they count on the car changing hands so they don't have to honor their warranty. Found that out with a battery that a friend bought for his foxbody stang that I in turn bought from him. Not even a year after the purchase date of the battery it pooped out and that's when a employee filled me in on that stipulation.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
Not entirely sure how you lifetime warranty a wear item....

Never seen a lifetime tyre warranty

Never seen lifetime Brake pad warranty....they do wear out...

Never seen lifetime belt warrant....

Just saying...

Some parts do wear out...

Al

Actually I've seen this before. The bet is you sell/trade the vehicle before the part wears out, and the warranty does not transfer.

Goodyear did this a while back with their "Infinitread"

I've also seen lifetime brake pads, that they would exchange for wear as well.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
But sometimes on like water pumps I have found it's better to just buy a quality part vs the cheap autozone with a lifetime warranty. The cost of coolant and your labor add up. Now for brake pads, rotors and such - oh I'm on it with autozone. They are quick and easy to swap.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
yeah i warrenty brake pads all the time. and the timken bearing have a 1 year warrenty, which is about how long it takes to fill my hubs with water!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
My brother has been doing that with his clutch on his neon. Drives the shiat out of it. And just swaps it every year, if that long. Lol

But they do it as a limited lifetime warranty.
Pretty sure I've seen belts with it also.
Damn near anything from autozone if it's duralast gold.

But you gotta be careful with electrical parts. Just clean them up real good and say it wouldn't fit/didn't need it.

sassyrel

Reaction score
i really dislike it,when people arent honest when dealing with a auto parts place,,you know who you are by your posts..

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have many wear items with lifetime warranties, including brake pads (even performance ones), brake rotors, bearings, steering racks, etc. Since I keep my cars and drive them often and hard, it is a great deal for me. Now, if I could just get tires with a lifetime warranty...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Lifetime warrantys have secrets to them as one poster found out with a battery. Very few will ever read all the warranty print information. Pep Boys got me once with an alternater on my truck. I was hauling horses to Oklahome city for a show when my battery lite came on just west of Kingman Az. Lucky for me Ford didn't have the new $450.00 alternater....:eek: So I drove to a Napa in town and got one cheaper. Got home and the Boys wouldn't warranty it because I got one from another competter. Well the manager and I got in a ******* match. He finally gave me what it was going to cost them but not what it cost me to replace. So we both won but lost too. I call that a draw. That was 12 years ago and since then have not bought anything with a warranty from them ever... Now who lost big time. I also had no part of their stock taking a dump to nearly worthless stuff. I read about some ready to retire on that stock and lost it all... Thats really sad but diversify your investments man... It is true that most life time warrantys wont transfer and owners are not expected to keep cars or trucks for years..

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad did the Midas lifetime brake pad thing a long time ago. The pads never wore, but they were so hard they wore out the rotors. :eek:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wifes oldsmobile wore out a set of front brake pads every 20k miles like clockwork. Autozone bought a lot of pads for it. I guess I should have gotten around to adjusting the rear shoes but it was easier to change the front pads than adjust the rear shoes.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
i really dislike it,when people arent honest when dealing with a auto parts place,,you know who you are by your posts..
And you're Mr high and mighty that's never lied to them so they would take back a junk part??

My ideas came from the workers. Word for word.

sassyrel

Reaction score
My dad did the Midas lifetime brake pad thing a long time ago. The pads never wore, but they were so hard they wore out the rotors. :eek:
glad i didnt have a mouthful of pop when i read that!!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao did they squeal all the time also???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online