Oops

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
i'm still trying to figure out how that happened... i have never drove on of those things but... it seems to me a good pratice would be to lower the bed before you took it out on the town?

rubberfish

Reaction score
I don't understand why he didn't just slip
it into rewind and back out of it. Maybe he
just jumped out for a sec to snap a pic or two :D
and split before the cops and **** showed up :eek:
Neat picture none the less :thumbsup:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
The truck isn't that new it is a Autocar/Volvo good truck. As for that happening I don't know why the driver would have the box up in the middle of the street. The second thing usually wires snap or they get pulled down they must be steel wire tight lining the poles together.

Thats the first thing to learn working with dump trucks or any kind of excavation equipement is look above your head for powerlines.

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
Those are phone lines, that's what I do for a living. You'd be surprised what hits them & gets caught in em! Yes, it's a steel stranded wire that holds it all up, usually a 3/8", rated for 10k pounds, & tension is set around 5k.

bsays

Longgreenford
Reaction score
Were I used to work we had 38ft Mate dump trailers and I seen one of them go over, it's not a pretty sight.

Freightrain

Just "B" it........
Reaction score
Ya, looks like a Paystar to me too.

One thing that doesn't make sense. How did the nose of dump get UNDER the wires?? Look closely at larger image.....The wires going to left of dump are ABOVE the bed, not below like it got caught coming down. Looks realistic...but somethings not right.

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
Looks to me almost as if he didn't open the gate before tilting the bed putting all the weight on the rear of the truck at an angle to one side and sending it over. Definitely NOT a doctored PIC look at the lines at the top of the pole there deflecting around the head rack of the dump bed. Too good to be Photoshop