older mercedes td info?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The W124 may be different, but on the W123, the lowermost drain actually goes into the wheel well. There's a drain that allows water to go out of the hood hinge area, and there's a second drain below that, that's actually more in the engine compartment...but, for whatever reason, if that drain clogs up, the hood hinge area will still overflow, with the overflowing water going into the rear footwells. The lower drains are the ones that go into the wheel wells...look for what almost looks like a plastic box on the rear of both wheel wells.

The "box" is open on one edge, and you can barely get your finger in there to clean it out...but, when I got my car, that box was PACKED with dirt...took me forever to (painfully) get the boxes cleaned out. Once I did, no more Lake Daimler in the back seat ;) It's been almost 3 years since I cleaned them out, and now, I only need to do a superficial cleaning to keep things happy...

Like I said, the W124 may be different enough that this may not apply...but, hope this will help some. Good luck!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance