Ok going full Dr house on this *****

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 f350with a 7,3 and a 5 speed it has a intermittent cut out and a full shutdown when pulling I can't het it to do it with the scanner data logging in the like 13th mech to have it I can't find anything any ideas

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad connection?
Sounds gee'lectric...
Bill gates?
( phawkinputers)
For sale sign?
Aint there a way to reset those puters?

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it ever cause a check engine light and have you checked for stored codes?

Reactions: Clb

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance your radio goes dead when this happens? If it does you could change the ignition switch. Not the key switch, the one down by the floor that looks like a rectangular white box.

Have you pulled the IDM and opened it up to see if there's any sign of water in it?

After that, you are on for the "run it with Forscan/monitor until it does something you can see".

Good luck. Electrical problems are tough.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So gave it a good looking at and ran it today I still couldn't get it to crap out on me but so far everyone else has done icp, ipr, crank , Under valve cover wiring harnesses , 2 sets of injectors and on and on and on tomorrow I'll pull the idm and give it a look and start ohm the harnesses I did notice in the fuel filter looked like a small glob it was hard to see as it was getting late and kids were hungry but so far I hope it's not a electrical issue to crazy but I appreciate the ideas

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any codes?

When it shuts off does the WTS light illuminate?

If it does this would indicate a power issue.

CPS ?

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah like 4th cps all napa crap and icant get it to stutter or shut down tomorrow ihave all day for it nothing out of the ordinary no codes of course I didn't take it loaded down a dirt road first

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After market chip in it? Mine was doing strange like shutting off going down the road ended up being a bad chip , put things bac to stock no more problems. Hate problems like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online