oil report

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well I just got the first blackstone report for the amsoil I been using for the last 4600 miles, I wanted to use it for 9k intervals but I don't know now.

Any way, guys if possible take a look at this and tell Me what do you think.

Attachments

• C80438oil report for 080206.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 53

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EZ, I'd drop back to 3K changes if I were you! Maybe even a 2K change to keep that lead posioning down. You did get rid of your mechanical fuel pump didn't you?

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Yes Mel the lift pump is long gone. I wanted to use syntetic but I don't know now, all my reports where good until now, maybe it is not the oil at all.

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not much you can do but follow there suggestions. without a bad mech. fuel pump how else can you get fuel into the oil? do you idle it for long periods?

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Crappy. What kind of warranty does that engine have. I notice it's a jasper with only 22k miles on it. :(

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Steve I do idle it for long periods to warm it up, maybe I should shorten those periods.

Eric, that is a long story but NO Jasper does not offer any Real warranty for their rebuild engines. Engine does have a lot of blowby.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Does your engine feel steady? If you feel the exhaust coming out the back is it a nice steady flow. If not maybe you should do a compression test and see if one cylinder in particular is letting fuel by. Also, make sure to check the simple things like is there any fuel leaking on top of your engine, fuel filter, IP, return lines. Probably unlikely, but it seems possible to me that fuel may get on the top intake pan and if the CDR hole isn't plugged 100% if may let stuff go through into the engine.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I was thinking a bad injector might do this too, especially on a cold cylinder wall.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
82fordtruck said:
I was thinking a bad injector might do this too, especially on a cold cylinder wall.

Yeah, could just be dribbling into the cyilnder.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know EZ did an exhaustive compression test a while ago, and his numbers are good so it is not that. I also don't think his IP is leaking fuel into the crankcase, but with that Jasper engine, anything is possible. :rolleyes:

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well no fuel leaks that I know, and the cdr plug is sealed. As Mel said I did a compression test and the # where not bad. The engine has a tick that even with a stetoscope I can't find, several other think it is fuel related but I'm almost sure it is the solid flywheel. Anyway, I drained the oil and refilled with the rest of amsoil I have, I will run it untill I find an answer to this or I just find a pair of filters that fit on my bypass filter and go back to motorcraft oil.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
You outta hear my Duramax, sounds like a typewriter.

Chevy says that's normal, but the duramax is the only diesel engine quiet enough to hear them on, they all do it.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
EZ,

I think the fuel is doing a number on the bearings. You can test to see if it's the oil by changing back to conv. oil then DON'T CHANGE A THING in operation. I have done converts to AMSOIL on all my stuff and done oil testing before and after the change and have never seen an increase in fuel dilution. In an IDI the oil does not lube anything that comes in contact with the fuel system other than the stock mech pump (which you don't have). Did you start running the alt fuels at the same time? Which shouldn't have an effect but just tossing it out for discussion...

Now I would let the E idle for extended periods all the time in the winter and some in the summer but not so much and in the winter my fuel dilution would come up because of it. How often do you let it idle and how often? that might be where the fuel is coming from. I know in my cummins if I let her sit and idle a lot with the exhaust brake on it will keep the temps up enough that I don't see much increase at all in the fuel dilution, but when my exhaust brake was not working to my satisfaction and I just stopped using it for most of this summer my numbers did increase which caused me to finally get off my butt and make some adjustments to it. (plus other reasons)...

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I was waiting for You Travis and and You hit it right on the nail I did started using wvo and amsoil at about the same time. I do leave it idling for very long periods most of the time. I just don't feel like turn it ON and drive so I let it warm up for 30 hour some times (bad habit) but even with no knowledge of this I started to shorten the idle time a while back.

Well I'll need more oil and filters, will run it for 3k and see what difference it makes.

BTW some times when I turn it to oil, it will not be at the recommended 150f for a long time, maybe that could affect it since the fuel wont burn completely.

Thank you all guys ;Sweet , I'll change the oil and bad habits and post back on this one.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Exekiel69 said:
I was waiting for You Travis and and You hit it right on the nail I did started using wvo and amsoil at about the same time. I do leave it idling for very long periods most of the time. I just don't feel like turn it ON and drive so I let it warm up for 30 hour some times (bad habit) but even with no knowledge of this I started to shorten the idle time a while back.

Well I'll need more oil and filters, will run it for 3k and see what difference it makes.

BTW some times when I turn it to oil, it will not be at the recommended 150f for a long time, maybe that could affect it since the fuel wont burn completely.

Thank you all guys ;Sweet , I'll change the oil and bad habits and post back on this one.

30 hours? ***... I don't think i've ever let mine warm up for more than 10 minutes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online