Oil Pressure port

Greg85

Reaction score
At the top rear of the engine. That's where the sending unit screws in at.

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
I installed a digital gauge sender on the one on the rear driver's side. It's to the rear exhaust header. A 1/8" plug with a square head. I had to buy some 1/8" brass pipe from Lowes to clear the exhaust/downpipe because the sender is large and was only 1/4" away from from the exhaust.

The rear stock one behind the gp controller is hard to access, with a wrench on the digital senders.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There is another two main oil galley ports but they are BEHIND the oil cooler bundle. These engines were installed first in the international S1600 box or dump trucks. The hidden ports fed the onboard air compressors...

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would steel be a better idea? Most of the sending units come with brass fittings. Is it just the pipe part that the vibrations affect?
Normally what happens with an NPT fitting, since it is tapered, is it gets very thin halfway down the threads. Not uncommon to have brass threads crack and break with weight on them. Happens all the time on vibrating machinery without any vibration isolation for the gauge or transmitter.

What would be best is some 316 stainless fittings. Sch 80 pipe and class 150 fittings would do the trick. Can be found cheap on McMaster/Grainger or a local fitting supply shop like Ferguson/Wosley or WB Webb.

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are two items for an idea. The street 90 instead of regular 90 would eliminate the short nipple. Then just replicate the other length nipple with a 316ss Schedule 80 nipple.

If the current short nipple you have is perfect for clearance then just duplicate your current set up with ss.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would steel be a better idea? Most of the sending units come with brass fittings. Is it just the pipe part that the vibrations affect?

If you get hydraulic fittings, they can take the vibration. Stainless is pretty, but carbon steel hydraulic adapters will be more than adequate. Go see your local ParkerStore, they will take care of you with the good stuff.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Use steel hydraulic fittings. It's a pain in the ass to get cheap China stainless steel fittings to not leak. I have a five gallon bucket full of them that I'm going to scrap because they will not seal.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a pain in the ass to get cheap China stainless steel fittings to not leak. I have a five gallon bucket full of them that I'm going to scrap because they will not seal.
I remember somebody referring to Chinese made tools as ``tool-shaped objects.'' That puts it in a nutshell.

It really is worth spending a little extra to get usable quality, and it's usually surprising how little extra it costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online