Oil leak

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
Was up guys having trouble with a oil leak inside the intake by the turbo witch drips down the valley and down the back of the block witch looks like the rear main seal but its not I have a 93 f250 7.3

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mammoth73

Reaction score
Was up guys having trouble with a oil leak inside the intake by the turbo witch drips down the valley and down the back of the block witch looks like the rear main seal but its not I have a 93 f250 7.3

I've got the same thing, tried replacing the cdr with no success. Seems to foul my air filter right off the bat to the point I'm about ready to run a drain tube out the back of the truck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
I've got the same thing, tried replacing the cdr with no success. Seems to foul my air filter right off the bat to the point I'm about ready to run a drain tube out the back of the truck

Yea I even changed the rear main seal and did all the fuel lines and still a leak don't think it's bad blow by cause when I take the cap of the oil filler theirs no smoke don't know I have the workshop manual the CD and I can't find anything on theire

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
Check the oil supply tube to the top of the Turbo , just replaced mine recently,its not inside the intake but they do leak.
Yea that's leaking but will that be able to get into the intake

Mammoth73

Reaction score
I've actually never tried the tube, I'll look into it and if it's cheap and easy I'll probably just do it and give you an update

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As "boogieman" said, it could be the oil feed leaking, either the part on the turbo itself or the connection to the oil pressure sender. Also it could be the oil drain which was the previous CDR tube, mainly due to not punching holes through the drain baffle. Good luck!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
It could also be whatever seals up the hole in the intake where the CDR used to go. Maybe there's a slight boost leak there and a little bit of oil from the pressurized air is getting by there too. It could be coming through the turbo from the CDR or it could also be a seal inside the turbo that's starting to leak due to age or wear inside the turbo.