Oil Filters

Rock

Reaction score
Hello I have an 84 F250 Can someone tell me what is the largest oil filter that fits the 6.9. I noticed the power stroke oil filters are quite large. Will they fit the 6.9. Thank You! Rock

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeps, they fit just fine, I run one. FL-1995 is the Motorcraft part number, if you're getting one from a parts store ask for a filter for a 2000 PSD.

Crumm

No Comment
Reaction score
The Motorcraft FL-1995 filters are once again available at Wal-Mart. Much cheaper than any other outlet I have found.

SHIP4BRAINS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe someone was having trouble getting the proper clearnace between the filter andn the crossmember. In my truck there is about .25"... Get one and give it a shot.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I think some folks with a combination of saggy body mounts and engine mounts, or other possible frame damage can't use the things, but otherwise, they work fine

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walmart, only costs about $9.47 :D
Autozone has them at about the same price, that's where I got mine

I believe someone was having trouble getting the proper clearnace between the filter andn the crossmember. In my truck there is about .25"... Get one and give it a shot.
It depends on how tired your motor and trans mounts are, and if you got the fuel or brake lines replaced and how well were they formed to the crossmember - I thought my truck won't clear the PSD filter but it did just fine, I have some doubt's about a buddy's truck tho, cause of said lines.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running one and while it is a little close to te crossmember, it still fits like it was meant to be.

ne buckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I was reading about the filters I thought about the filter I just put on my truck. I changed the oil with John Deere 15w40 { for the zinc ??? }. But all I had was a cheap Premium Guard filter, I was using as a spare on a trip.I also have a PTC fuel filter, as a spare. Does anyone have any feedback on these filters? or am I risking hurting my engine? Thanks Curt

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Premium Guard? Who makes them? Is that a brand name? Are we talking a 6.9 filter or a PSD filter? Engine turbo or NA?

tractorman86

Reaction score
i believe that is made by FRAM. i dont trust them used one once and had a major sludge problem, coulda been the oil but i was using dello and never had the problem since i started using wix or K&N

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online