Oil Cooler resealing help

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I got the oil cooler out of 95 F250 PSD and replaced the o rings and the front/ back header gaskets. Everything is sealed except the rear header at the bottom.
Is there any way to seal this without taking the oil cooler back out of the truck? If not is the gasket still likely to be good or does it need to be replaced altogether? (which I don't think you could just get the rear header gasket by itself).

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can replace the gaskets without pulling the cooler out.

The new gasket should have been aluminum with rubber sealing lips.as long as its not torn,cracked or bent to **** you can reuse it.id pull the gasket out and make sure the surfaces are clean.

Being a 95.the oil pressure valve in the rear header is just staked in,no clip holding it.make sure it didnt come out and dropped the washer between the header an block.if this happened put the valve pieces back in and restake the washer with a center punch like the factory did.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is aluminum with rubber sealing lips.
Okay, when I had it out the pressure valve fell out of the header and I just put it back together and dropped it back it. I didn't use a punch in anything. Could that cause this?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, I know it's the relief valve isn't installed correctly; I've been reading around. Everyone says the old versions are penned in, nudist as above. Now, my inexperience shows because I'm not certain how that would be done.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Try to locate the new version if you can wait a few days.
Actually I think gary has one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you get just the relief valve itself? Is there no difference in fitting into the header?

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...omg, I can't find anything other than pictures about the oil pressure relief valve. Diesel stop has some relevant thread according to Google but when I try and pull it up it just takes me to the forum home. Gah!
I really believe the relief valve is the issue but I can't find anything. Certainly can find one to buy.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, except when the front leaked when it was cold and I drove the truck into the shop. I always thought it was the oil filter and I was somehow incompetent

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online

No members online now.