Oil Change Intervals

toptech72

Reaction score
How many miles is everyone going between oil changes? I have been changing mine every 7500 miles and have been amazed. I have done 3 oil changes since i bought the truck with 84 k miles on it. Now with over 100 k on it i still don't use any oil between changes and the oil is very clean when i change it. I am just wondering if i should increase my intervals to 10 or 15 k between changes. I do alot of towing and stop and go driving.

MMeier

Reaction score
Depends on what you use for oil I guess. I've been using Amsoil for over 180k now ( currently have 205k on the '03). I'll run it 10-12k, change out filter, and top off, run another 10-12 then dump it all and start over. Engine was spotless at last injector change at 197K. :thumbsup:

steved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are some of us running 10k OCIs on dino with good results. I know one guy running well over 20k on dino Rotella.

I have UOAs showing even the newer CJ-4 has lots of life left at 10k miles...

BigBoyinMS

Reaction score
Now with over 100 k on it i still don't use any oil between changes and the oil is very clean when i change it.

HuH!!?? Oil is clean!? :confused: You must have a GAS burner cause I haven't seen a Cummins yet that didn't turn the oil **** black within a minute of startup. LOL
Then again, maybe you mean "oil test results" clean.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
15,000 miles, which is once a month for me. I use Rotella Synthetic and almost all of my miles are highway miles, half are towing.

Desert Dually

cane corso
Reaction score
There are some of us running 10k OCIs on dino with good results. I know one guy running well over 20k on dino Rotella.

I have UOAs showing even the newer CJ-4 has lots of life left at 10k miles...

man, that is good to hear! ;Sweet

'specially since I just put in CJ-4 about 400 miles ago ;p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online