Oil change interval

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You should look at putting a centrifuge on the engine and doing oil analysis. Centrifuges have seen the doubling of oil life. A centrifuge will remove huge amounts of soot from the oil that the filters do not get.
Just curious, and you can tell me to buzz off if you want, but are you a site sponsor?

I do agree that a centrifuge is great.
A proper bypass setup is just as good, with less "clean up."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
An IDI can weigh 9k? Is it a dually crew cab?

My 87 extended 250HD is (likely incorrectly) is listed as having an unladen weight of 4,662 on my Arkansas vehicle registration slip. That's probably a 1/2 ton, v6, 6ft bed, regular cab weight?

Whenever I move back to Washington state (I got the truck after I left) I hope they go by that, rather than their own weight listing. The heavier the truck, the higher the reg fee is. Plus if a diesel is over 6,001lbs, it's required to have an emissions.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus if a diesel is over 6,001lbs, it's required to have an emissions.

Not to hijack the thread but is WA state basically screwing over the older diesels based on weight? I ask because I've seen a surprising number of vehicles on the CA craigslist that have Washington plates. Just curious.

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread but is WA state basically screwing over the older diesels based on weight? I ask because I've seen a surprising number of vehicles on the CA craigslist that have Washington plates. Just curious.

If so it is only for certain urban areas or very new. I'm in Oregon now but my truck came from Washington and I don't recall my parents ever having any such testing.

drfuelinstein

Reaction score
I am a fuel a combustion researcher. This is a very interesting forum. With the ever increasing emissions regulations and the use of EGR , If you run a diesel and you do not have an engine oil bypass filter system? you cheating yourself?

Mr Dieselcraft

Reaction score
I fully agree. The issue is the engine manufacturer do not promote it because they want the engine to wear out and you need to buy parts plus, the oil companies want you to buy more oil and keep changing it.

The use of a bypass centrifuge is far more effective than filters. See the attached. This is soot removed from an engine that the filter did NOT take care of.

You must be registered for see images attach

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The use of a bypass centrifuge is far more effective than filters. See the attached. This is soot removed from an engine that the filter did NOT take care of.

Where is there an overview of complete parts and installation?

Any opinions on Dieselcraft Model OC-25?

Last edited:

Mr Dieselcraft

Reaction score
The OC-25 is a complete kit. Centrifuge, mount, hoses and fittings.

Attachments

• 1-OC25 installion basics for all applications180808.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's a dealer, but not a site sponsor/vendor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Makes sense now.
It’s not true that manufacturers don’t equip their engines with these special centrifuges because they want the engines to wear out faster :bs. I got plenty of tractors that are 40+ years old without centrifuges on them that have never been rebuilt.
I’m sure they do help remove engine oil particulates and extend oil life. But if they were all that affective and worth a damn, engine manufactures would have integrated these systems in their engines a long time ago.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Mr Dieselcraft

What the fellas are talking about is the site terms that say you do not advertise on the forum without the consent of the forum management and then paying your dues to support the forum in order to become a vendor. I went through this process recently and the management is great on here, and very easy to work with. I recommend you do the same thing so we can see more dieselcraft products! Just message birdman on here with what you have to offer the site, and your intent, he handles all the site sponsors/vendors. Good luck!

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Model OC-25 Oil Centrifuge with Air Assist Oil Return"

I assume the air pump will force the return oil up hill if necessary. If the outlet can be above the return, no back pressure, entry point in the engine, can the air pump be eliminated?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online