OEM paint in a can???

wgargan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can buy some paint to cover up small scratches and repaired surface rust?

thanks

P.S. besides a dealer?

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some parts stores carry aerosol cans if it. The problem is it doesnt match. The only way you can get paint to match exactly is to have it done by a pro and the pro has to be really good at blending the paint to match. Even staright out of the can a pro uses the paint wont match because all paint fades after some time and thats why he needs to blend it to get it to match.

Here is one companys product

http://www.duplicolor.com/index.html

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local paint shop has a computer paint-matching machine that scans the actual portion of the vehicle, then mixes paint to match.

They can mix as little as a tiny bottle, if that is all you need.

They also can put it in a re-usable aerosol can, that they then charge with some sort of propellant.

When the can is empty, you take it apart, clean it, and they can fill it again, if you so desire.

The re-usable can is not nearly so expensive as one would think.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't use Duplicolor's spray paints. They are made very thin to "blend" into the old paint but the stuff runs like crazy and has very little pigment in it. Their liquid touch up paint is OK and I've used it.

BamaSixGun

Will Work 4 Chrome
Reaction score
we have a local Dupont dealer automotive paint store where i live, that can pump just about any color into an aerosol can as an exact match.

it cost about 20.00 a can. it is the base color only, so you have to buy a spray can of the Dupont clear too.

maybe you have a Dupont dealer in your area that can do the same thing.

wgargan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have a local Dupont dealer automotive paint store where i live, that can pump just about any color into an aerosol can as an exact match.

it cost about 20.00 a can. it is the base color only, so you have to buy a spray can of the Dupont clear too.

maybe you have a Dupont dealer in your area that can do the same thing.

A quick check reveals that i do!

Thanks

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
If you can't find someone that can put paint in a rattle can (like here in Albuquerque), try these folks. www.paintscratch.com. I have used them several times with great results. Just re-painted half my daughter's hood last week. Turned out real nice.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle