odb 2 problem

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
went to connect my lap top to my truck to run my autoenginuity program and it won't connect to the truck. there is nothing wrong with the program as i can plug it into one of my other fords and it works fine. i have used it on this truck before with out any problems. any ideas? do you think the computer went bad? no corrosion on the engine computer plug and don't know what else to look for. any help would be appreciated.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
check the fuse for the powerport (cig lighter). That same fuse controls the OBD2 port.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surely you went thru the Quick installation guide. Have you tried it on another vehicle lately? How are you powering your computer? Have you selected "Vehicle Connect"? Did you go thru Appendix D "Serial port troubleshooting in your manual? Tell us what you have done trying to connect.

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
Surely you went thru the Quick installation guide. Have you tried it on another vehicle lately? How are you powering your computer? Have you selected "Vehicle Connect"? Did you go thru Appendix D "Serial port troubleshooting in your manual? Tell us what you have done trying to connect.

i have used this program many times on the truck. the computer is on battery power and not the cigarette lighter. i use the program almost daily on my lincoln ls....lol. It just won't even reconize the truck/ says unable to connect.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lincoln;Sweet :thumbsup: Beyond me as to why it won't connect. You might give AE a call.

wyldhillbillie

Reaction score
at this i would like to throw a match on the front seat and have a carbeque....lol. thanks for the help