OBS to Bricknose?

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
I was under the assumpion it meant old body style, which is just the 92-97 trucks, which i call gen 9's

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Yep, old body style is what I have learned.

I went junkyarding yesterday and found a gasser f250 that i'd like to rob of its front clip. I'm gonna go back on monday and talk to the yard guys, they're pretty shady, and don't like to sell anything so we'll see. :/

I checked out my radiator support the best I could with it on the truck, and it appears to be solid? It's a little crusty by the welds on the very bottom, but otherwise it's mostly factory blue yet :)

BRAD: What all is involved with combining my radiator support with the gasser 80-86 one? That might have to happen.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
BRAD: What all is involved with combining my radiator support with the gasser 80-86 one? That might have to happen.

Your diesel rad support sticks dow about 4" below a gasser one. You need to cut that lower section off and weld it in place of the bottom of the gasser

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what about where the fenders meet the windshield post?there is always a different gap when swapping 87-91 nose for a 92-97.ive never seen anybody go backwards so ive never seen what that gap looks like.but i have a feeling the fenders may touch the windshield posts.:dunno

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OBS or "Old Body Style" was a name that seemed to come from the Powerstroke guys, to differentiate the style commonly refered to as the Superduty body from the body shared with the IDI's. Of course, somehow they forgot that we had Superduties before there were Superduties, but I digress... :rolleyes:
LOL

Ironic that to us IDI guys the "old body style" is in fact the newest body style. :dunno

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I had always heard that OBS was

"Original Body Style" or Old Body Style

Original Body Style referring to the 92-97 body, the Original body the 7.3 PSD was available in.

Old Body Style, I believe in reference to the 80-97 trucks, that had a similar design, as in the Old Body Style, before the SuperDuty release for the 99 model year.

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Thanks bike-maker! Looks good!

I went to the junkyard yesterday and got the front fenders I needed. Still need everything else though lol.

oldblue05

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I've got a question for ya.

I am under the impression that it is a bolt up affair to convert my '94 to an '80-86 front clip? All that is needed is a complete front clip, including the hood, cowl, bumper, and most importantly the diesel specific radiator core support?

If there is another thread about this subject out there would you please direct me to it?

Thanks again, you guys are great! ;Sweet

These trucks have a different core support than their gasser counterparts?

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I still need a diesel core support for an 83-86 diesel, if any one has one laying around PLEASE pm me and maybe we can work something out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin