OBS to Bricknose?

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I hear equipment paint has a rep. of chalking up after awhile. If your gonna do all this work, why not use auto paint? Its looking great though keep it up.:)

Yep, I thought about it, but this is the first time I've done any painting. I just decided I'd try out flat black for a while. Time and work doesn't matter. I really enjoy doing this stuff. If there's a next time for this truck I'll probably try my hand at bc/cc. That picture makes the truck look halfway decent. It's pretty crappy up close. Just trying to get it 1 color for now. Thanks though :)

Hopefully I'll have it together in time to make it to the Hopkins get together.

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Well It's all put back together! Not done yet, I'm not sure if it ever will be. It looks pretty tough, I'm happy with it. Definitely not perfect. But much much better than what i started with!
Here's a bunch of pics of before, during, and after. ;Sweet

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Danoflapper

Reaction score
That looks sweet. Great work;Sweet
Not sure if I like that brush guard on the front tho.

I don't really care for it either, It takes away from the front end of the truck. the stupid thing weighs in at about 200 pounds. So does the back bumper. :O

And Thanks Brad, yep needs bigger meats and some aluminum trim. and maybe a RSK

austin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I've been thinking of upgrading to OBS on my F-SD, so this sparks my drive to actually do something to the truck!

Side note - it's my understanding that if you want to repaint that truck with bc cc, you'll need to strip all of that enamel off. Some sort of blasting should do the trick, but apparently the new paint won't stick with the enamel. Just what I've heard from the single stage community, though.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awsome, would be cool to do the same swap with a 95-97 sc/sb or cc/sb with a stroke...

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Looks great! I've been thinking of upgrading to OBS on my F-SD, so this sparks my drive to actually do something to the truck!

Side note - it's my understanding that if you want to repaint that truck with bc cc, you'll need to strip all of that enamel off. Some sort of blasting should do the trick, but apparently the new paint won't stick with the enamel. Just what I've heard from the single stage community, though.

Well, seeing as your bed is 80-86, i'm thinking slant nose :D and yep, it would need to be stripped or atleast get the black off for any other paint than what's on it now I do belive.

i've always understood that sanding and a degreaser wipe down are all thats required...

Ordinarily, yes. That's what I did for this paint job. Apparently this John Deere single stage will react with many other paints when applied over top of it, causing bubbling. I don't know if this is 100% true, but definitely not worth taking chances.

Looks awsome, would be cool to do the same swap with a 95-97 sc/sb or cc/sb with a stroke...

Thanks :) and sure would, but I have a strange obsession with cclb trucks though?b:love: Go big or go home I guess.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score

You heard wrong. Only if you were to top coat RUSTOLEUM with anything else, then you would need to strip it off. After all, what he sprayed is enamel. So top coating it with a a base clear is perfectly fine

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin