OBS PSD Turbo Inlet Hose Replacement For Under 10 Bucks

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my turbo intake hose was pretty crummy, and yes, Riff Raff sells a very nice piece to replace the old orange OEM piece, but I figured I'd try to make an off the shelf generic 45 degree elbow work and save about $50. It came out pretty nice so I figured I'd post the results.

Here's the original and the replacement. As you can see, they are pretty close, but the new one definitely needed a little trimming.

You must be registered for see images attach

I didn't have a lot of time, but I wanted to cut it as squarely as possible, so I used the clamp to mark where it needed to be cut. I cut 3/4 of an inch off of the smaller end (the side opposite the turbo) with a sharp razor knife.

Here's the installed piece, I was really happy with the fit and finish. It's a little tight on the under valve cover connection but it does not rub. Remember, I have the 1995 with the double connections, I believe it would have more clearance on a 96-97.

The quality of the hose was pretty good. The description said it was three ply, but I counted four layers of fabric reinforcement. It felt like a pretty heavy piece, especially by comparison to the original orange OEM piece. Four different colors, I really thought about the red one but it would have been a little too "Boy Racer" for an old guy like me :)

Less than $10 is pretty hard to beat for a PSD upgrade, link attached below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TGP7PW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1