not starting after sitting

roamaround

Reaction score
hello all,

Just bought this 85 with a 7.3 IDI . I asked the guy to leave it cold to see start up 1st hand. Well I never got to see it start up cold. I get it home and went to start it the next day and YEPP no start.

Bled system and she starts and runs great. Next day no start again. put jumpers from another vehicle to the truck for higher turn over speed and it started after a few tries.

Question:Where would be the most likely place for the fuel to be bleeding back down to the tanks?

Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Look for wet injectors return lines. Then look for the feed line from the filter to the injection pump. Each end of that line has a special square o-ring in it. They are called olives and any injection pump repair shop will have them.

roamaround

Reaction score
the lines aren't wet anywhere, that's the weired thing. can the olive O rings be leaking and not show signs of wet?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes... Sometimes they will do that. If you had an electric lift pump and fuel line leaks that are sucking in air will be a wet spot. Thats the good thing about an electric pump. Is the mechanical lift pump under the vacuum pump wet looking... If so its leaking and needs to be replaced. Sometimes they leak internally and the oil level grows some. Thats really bad for the motor too...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online