Noob questions

264WSM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get the baz page to load. I am new to PSD, but a long time owner of IDIs.
I'm buying gauges for my 2000 7.3, what boost does a stock engine generate? What fuel pressure does a stock engine generate?? If I put a mild chip in this down the road, will it change the boost and fuel pres upper levels??

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't get the baz page to load. I am new to PSD, but a long time owner of IDIs.
I'm buying gauges for my 2000 7.3, what boost does a stock engine generate? What fuel pressure does a stock engine generate?? If I put a mild chip in this down the road, will it change the boost and fuel pres upper levels??

stock boost is around 15psi, chip only can get you into the 20s so a 30psi gauge is adequate

fuel pressure should be between 65-75 psi with stock fueling, chip will make no difference in fuel pressure.

Note that you need to tap into the fuel bowl to get a reading, it's more involved than a typical vehicle.

I've never worried about fuel pressure in either of my trucks, as long as the regulator is rebuilt every 100k miles or so.