no high beams

pontoonrob

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. Like the title says My high beams won't light. When I hit the foot switch everything goes dark. Replaced the switch and still the same problem. I have low beams. Any ideas of where to check next ?---Rob

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Have you verified that you have power coming out of the switch going to the headlights in both modes, and if so, checked for power at the headlights?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when a light burns out it will take out the other light too. Have you tried a new light?

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you verified that you have power coming out of the switch going to the headlights in both modes, and if so, checked for power at the headlights?

Do what he said. Take a testlight and probe the wires at the foot switch. One is in from the headlight switch, and other two are out, one is the high out and one wire is the low out.

Leeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull the connector off the switch and check your connector too. They do get hot and burn or corrode. It's a good idea to clean and slightly close the terminals while you have them apart.

paygie94

Reaction score
Check out your foot switch. I replaced the foot switch and headlight switch when my truck would blink the headlights on and off while i had the high beams on. My headlight switch was all burnt up and my foot switch was corroded and loose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online