No exhaust pipe

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
Im getting my IDI back together, but I have a problem. The driver's side header pipe is at the wrong angle. No bolt up. The passanger side looks like it will work but if it doesnt. Will I burn up the motor/heads without header pipe? I gotta drive 4 miles to the nearest muffler shop to get it worked out with open headers. If I do the open header route...No hotrodding it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Won't hurt a thing other than your ears. LOL Try not to make it smoke, as the soot will coat everything.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
yep you will be fine except for the dB level and smoke.......its got a manifold to keep the valves warm.

try not to get pulled over:angel:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep done it many times with my brothers mustang and the Z28. Diesels are actually louder than gas engines with strait headers or manifolds.

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll be extremely loud, if you get into the loud pedal much. The more you can stay out of the fuel, the quieter it will be...
An IDI is ridiculously loud, mainly due to the compression.

SD70Ace

Big yellow Diesels
Reaction score
I'll put some B100 to keep the smoke down. So it will be like going deaf with french fries? I know gassers have to have pipe and manifolds to keep em warm. I didnt know with IDI's you get away with it. Cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online