No brakes!

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
I was driving the PSD(02 cc lb drw) tonight home from work and while I was trying to stop at a stop sign the peddle just went almost all the way to the floor and would barely stop the truck. As I limped home I noticed that it ****** a little to the right whenever I'd touch the brakes. I took it slow and manually downshifted at all the stops on the way home and about halfway the Brake (!) light came on and when I got home I popped the hood and all the brake fluid was gone from the resivour. When I'd turn right on tight turns it also made a kind of ticking in the front left wheel area, and it wasn't doing it on the way to work. I need help because my other trucks are in various states of being torn down for work of there own. I haven't driven this truck for a couple of months, but my mom drove it a few days a week to work to haul stuff. Anybody have any ideas on what to look for in the morning? Im thinking of filling it up with fresh brake fluid and having someone press the brakes and see if I can see where its leaking from.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shouldnt have too much trouble locating the leak, its either going to be a broken line or a cylinder seal or blown caliper. If you lost your whole reservoir you should have plenty of evidence under the truck to lead you to the culprit.

sassyrel

Reaction score
You shouldnt have too much trouble locating the leak, its either going to be a broken line or a cylinder seal or blown caliper. If you lost your whole reservoir you should have plenty of evidence under the truck to lead you to the culprit.

yup--you may have got lucky--and just blown one of the front rubber flex lines--simple,and fast--but the rest of the possibilitys arent as easy--

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup: Just replaced my brake line today just behind the fuel tank. Took a 5'-6" line. Had to use a 6' and put an S curve switchback in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online