No blinkers

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
86 f250 6.9
Sorry if this is off topic as it is not an idi related question but I’ve exhausted all my other resources

Last night my blinkers stoped working this had happened twice before about 6 months ago but they came back after 10 minutes it so but this time they continue to not work

No blinkers but the stock clicks down and returns like normal and hazards work

I’m not sure what ground I should clean but Facebook said to clean the ground so I cleaned every ground I found to no luck

From what my research brought up the issue is most likely the flasher so I replaced the flasher still nothing I took the the hazard flasher (known good) still nothing

Since the hazards work as should as-well as the the lights that rules out any of parts shared by the blinkers and hazards

I have not been able to get to the turn signal switch as I’m not equipped for that as I’m out of town and am limited to my Costco dewalt toolkit

Any help, input, edc. would be greatly appreciated

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
(i need to brush up on reading comp. asked something already addressed above)

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check fuse #5

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU CUBEY AND GNATHV! fuse 5 was blown but a thing to note is there was a 20a in its place (should be 15) i only had 10s and 20s on hand so I had to throw a 20 back in but regardless they work again now I can get back to my door seals in peace

Last edited:

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the blinker fluid reservoir? When they get low you run into all kinds of problems... :rotflmao

Glad you got it worked out!

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was the first thing i check i did a super flush and added fully synthetic back in thought that was the issue but at least i wont have to worry about it for at least 30,000 miles but man did that hurt the ole billfold blinker fluid is getting EXPENSIVE these days

ibapaine

Reaction score
For future reference, their is two fuses (the big round one) plus the 15. The front round fuse is for the blinkers. The one in the back is for hazard(very difficult to put back in). If you upgrade to heavy duty you will have to loosen the bolts to get the new fuse in.
You can switch them out if one is working and the other isn’t to troubleshoot your problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online